Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

Cathal Kennedy

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
When using my Toshiba laptop the screen went black for a few seconds, came back, the went black again permanently. I turned it off but when I turn it back on the Toshiba loud up screen comes on but the screen again goes black afterwards.

The solution of, 'turn it off, plug it out, take the battery out and hold the power button for a minutes', DOES NOT WORK!

I can start the laptop up in safe mode but I don't know how to troubleshoot the problem.

I have no problem in restoring the laptop but I can't afford to lose Microsoft Office.

The laptop operates on Windows 8.1 and I was using Chrome, Excel and Drivermax when it crashed. I thought Drivermax was the problem so I deleted the latest driver download from it and uninstalled Drivermax altogether but it didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Drivermax may have installed more than one driver. Roll those back too (in safe mode).

You shouldn't use software like Drivermax, Toshiba has an excellent website for getting drivers straight from them.
When you entrust the job to software like Drivermax you've no idea where the drivers are coming from or even if they are the right ones.

Software like Drivermax is for people who can't be bothered to go to the manufacturer's website or don't know how to.

For drivers go here: http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/SUPPORT_PORTAL/

Never update any driver if existing one is working okay. There is no point.
Drivermax may have installed more than one driver. Roll those back too (in safe mode).

You shouldn't use software like Drivermax, Toshiba has an excellent website for getting drivers straight from them.
When you entrust the job to software like Drivermax you've no idea where the drivers are coming from or even if they are the right ones.

Software like Drivermax is for people who can't be bothered to go to the manufacturer's website or don't know how to.

For drivers go here: http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/SUPPORT_PORTAL/

Never update any driver if existing one is working okay. There is no point.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS