Question Toshiba Laptop C855D & L655

Jun 19, 2024
I have 2 Toshiba Laptops which I am trying to fix. They both power up. The first only goes until the "TOSHIBA Leading Innovation" screen shows up, then it does not go anywhere, the only thing shows is the "hourglass" dots revolving around over and over.

The other one goes a step further than the one I mentioned above and says "Preparing Automatic Repair". Then a blue screen pops up saying that "Your PC did not start correctly" . Then I have 2 options. "Restart" or "Advanced Options" but when I try to use the options to reset the whole thing it's asking for a password of the prior owner which I don't have. Is there a way to get around this and reset it? When I tried the basic reset it said that "There is a problem to reset your computer". No idea what to do. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

if they're both on HDD's from the factory, try and source an SSD and install an OS onto said drive.

Is there a way to get around this and reset it?
We don't provide assistance in bypassing security features, it's stated in our rules.

Jun 19, 2024
I have 2 Toshiba Laptops which I am trying to fix. They both power up. The first only goes until the "TOSHIBA Leading Innovation" screen shows up, then it does not go anywhere, the only thing shows is the "hourglass" dots revolving around over and over.

The other one goes a step further than the one I mentioned above and says "Preparing Automatic Repair". Then a blue screen pops up saying that "Your PC did not start correctly" . Then I have 2 options. "Restart" or "Advanced Options" but when I try to use the options to reset the whole thing it's asking for a password of the prior owner which I don't have. Is there a way to get around this and reset it? When I tried the basic reset it said that "There is a problem to reset your computer". No idea what to do. Thanks.
Thanks. What size do I need at least? A 128 GB will do? Never did such but I am willing to give a shot.