Question Toshiba Portege Z930 amber flash code on the battery light, looks like power cord light flashing.

May 9, 2023
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Portege Z930 amber flash code on the battery light, looks like power cord light flashing. It flashes 1 short 2 long, then 3 short 1 long 1 short. I tried an alternate power source and the same. I looked everywhere for flash codes and am unable to locate them. I took it apart after replacing the keyboard and all connections appear intact. Any thoughts or assitance would be great.
Thank you,
John

Lutfij

Titan
Did you replace the battery since the laptop was purchased? If not, then yes that's what you do. If the battery was replaced, then I'd suggest inspecting the entire power delivery/input circuit area for any signs of burns or damage.

May 9, 2023
Did you replace the battery since the laptop was purchased? If not, then yes that's what you do. If the battery was replaced, then I'd suggest inspecting the entire power delivery/input circuit area for any signs of burns or damage.
Hi,
The battery, I think is the original one. I will grab one today, and update after installation. I checked the power delivery and input circuit, no signs of burns or damage.
Thanks again,
John

May 9, 2023
Hi,
The battery, I think is the original one. I will grab one today, and update after installation. I checked the power delivery and input circuit, no signs of burns or damage.
Thanks again,
John
Hi,
I replaced the battery and did not connect the adapter and got the same flash code. This all started when I replaced the keyboard and the little Zif slider lock that goes in and out broke. I rigged the keyboard connection, powered on, it took me to BIOS to set date and time and powered off right after it was to restart. That is when the flash code started. I replaced the board with one from eBay and the flash code continues. I can try to install the original board but not sure how I can replace the broken Zip slide lock with one on the replacement board without breaking it also. Not sure what direction to go now.
Thank you,
John

May 9, 2023
Hi,
Thanks again,
John
Hi,
I replaced the battery and did not connect the adapter and got the same flash code. This all started when I replaced the keyboard and the little Zif slider lock that goes in and out broke. I rigged the keyboard connection, powered on, it took me to BIOS to set date and time and powered off right after it was to restart. That is when the flash code started. I replaced the board with one from eBay and the flash code continues. I can try to install the original board but not sure how I can replace the broken Zip slide lock with one on the replacement board without breaking it also. Not sure what direction to go now.
Thank you,
John

May 9, 2023
Hello,
I have now replaced, the battery, AC adapter, another mothermoard and am getting a amber flash code of 1 short 1 long, 2 short pone long, 1 short. I am now going to order the DC jack in hopes that will resolve the issue. I have ensured all connections are secure.
Thank you,
John

May 9, 2023
Hello,
I have replaced the motherboard, battery, AC adapter, DC Jack and get the same flash codes. I see the power light showing it is plugged in, and the amber battery flash code, not like a steady flash like low battery but a flash code. I removed the battery, only used the AC adapter and got the same flash code. I doubt bad memory would cause this, I am installing a new stick tomorrow. I have a feeling it is another bad motherboard. Any thoughts?
Thank you,
John