Question Toshiba Satelite P300 turns on but with a black screen ?

lukat

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
I've got a Toshiba Satelite P300 which worked perfectly up until recently, but now i turn it on and the screen is just black. Fan is spinning and all indicator lights are on, there is a startup beep but i can't force it to show picture on an external monitor or anything else.
I tried disconnecting and then recconecting cmos battery, removing and putting back the RAM modules, but it didnt help.
If anybody can help i would be grateful.

try connecting an external monitor/TV

check with a flash light if you can see the desktop of windows while powered on, then the backlight of the display would be faulty

open the laptop lit and try different angles to verify if there is a loose contact or an internal faulty display cable

lukat

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
try connecting an external monitor/TV

check with a flash light if you can see the desktop of windows while powered on, then the backlight of the display would be faulty

open the laptop lit and try different angles to verify if there is a loose contact or an internal faulty display cable
I tried it and it seems that one wire is loose, ill see what comes of it thanks, but seems like there is another problem too.