Toshiba Satellite BIOS password reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCTech

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Hi. Does anyone know how to reset the BIOS password for a Toshiba Satellite C660D 19X please? There are a number of very good YouTube videos for almost identical models, but they don't work on this one. The motherboard has changed a bit, and the reset jumpers don't seem to be in quite the same place, if they still exist. This video very nearly has the answer, but it's not quite right for the particular model variant I need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihwj_MctVo4

I think it's very likely there is a similar answer to this problem - it just needs the right person to answer it. Thanks.

As far as I know, it requires a factory reset (which I suspect is a motherboard replacement). I'm not sure if your model is the one with the BIOS defect that causes it to corrupt the BIOS password field even if there was no password set. I have one like that here that was out of warranty and the cost to sent it to Toshiba for repair was prohibitive. It's now a doorstop until I remember to remove the HDD before an electronics recycling event near me. :(

GCTech

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

GCTech

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
vrumor I am not a hacker. This computer has been fiddled with by someone who didn't know what they were doing, hence the BIOS lockout. I am trying to reset the BIOS password for a perfectly legitimate reason.

GCTech

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

vrumor I am not a hacker. This computer has been fiddled with by someone who didn't know what they were doing, hence the BIOS lockout. I am trying to reset the BIOS password for a perfectly legitimate reason.

GCTech

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

It is an old model. If Toshiba had the answer I wouldn't need to post the question on this forum. It is because there don't appear to be any answers elsewhere that I am posting the question here.

GCTech

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

I don't know quite why you are taking this stance vrumor. There are numerous examples on this forum of help with resetting BIOS passwords:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/s/bios+reset/

I've asked a perfectly reasonable question. Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.