Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-11N blank screen power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayg1977

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Hi There

My Toshiba Staellite laptop isn't responding but powers up. I have tried holding F2, F8, F12 and 0 when powering up nothing allows me to enter BIOS or give me the option to restore. I have even bought the bootale USB drive from Toshiba and this does nothing also. I have plugged an external hard drive into teh laptop an the drive can draw power so I know the USB ports are working. I have run out of ideas can anyone help?

Solution
Sounds like it needs a GPU Reflow. This can be done by using a heat gun over the GPU on the motherboard after it is disassembled. A more crude, less effective temporary fix would be the "Towel Trick," which involves one removing the hard-drive, with the laptop plugged in and fan running, wrapping the laptop in towel, or a bed comforter (so that no air escapes) for about two hours, let the machine cool down for about 30 minutes then re-insert the hard drive, and power the machine on. this trick should allow you to power on the machine and at least recover your data. I've done this many times and it works!!!!

MainframeTech

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Sounds like it needs a GPU Reflow. This can be done by using a heat gun over the GPU on the motherboard after it is disassembled. A more crude, less effective temporary fix would be the "Towel Trick," which involves one removing the hard-drive, with the laptop plugged in and fan running, wrapping the laptop in towel, or a bed comforter (so that no air escapes) for about two hours, let the machine cool down for about 30 minutes then re-insert the hard drive, and power the machine on. this trick should allow you to power on the machine and at least recover your data. I've done this many times and it works!!!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.