Toshiba Satellite C55D-B385 Processors upgrade.

fadilyt101

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
I have this laptop since a year ago, but i need a better processors already ever since i made the mistake by choosing the wrong series which i have right now is the AMD A8 when i need the AMD FX. Can some one provide me tutorial or tips on how to change the processors of this laptop? Im not sure its user replace able but, i wish it wont restrict the possibilities. Thanks for further.

Solution
The short answer is no on both. Laptops have limited upgrade options, for the most part the only things you can upgrade are the ram and the storage.

fadilyt101

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

Is there just no way on how to do it? Even tho its BGA, like alternative way? Such kind for GPU as External GPU such thing like that?

bignastyid

Titan

BGA is possible to replace but requires training, experience, and specialized equipment and would likely cost you as much as a new laptop.

Imho your best option is to buy a laptop that meets your needs and sell your current one.

fadilyt101

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

I guess that's good enough for me to know about, at least i know that its possible for me to modify it rather than selling it... I don't feel right to, thanks for the help! Anyway, is it possible that AMD change to Intel? And is it possible to change the GPU?

fadilyt101

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

Did you mean the easy thing to-be-upgrade-only situation or extremely-hard-but-possible-for-upgrade situation?