Toshiba Satellite L30-134 USB problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubieca99

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
Hello to everyone reading. The laptop in the thread title has problems recongizing any kinds of USB devices. When a device is plugged the OS will detected that something has been plugged in and the peripheral will receive power, but it will just throw up errors of being not recognized and etc. I have tried a lot of things, but to no avail, like:
1. It came with Windows XP, reinstalled it using original recovery disks and after seeing that it wasn't the problem installed Windows 10 on it.
2. Booting from USB doesn't work aswell, using PLOP will just freeze everything or say that there is no bootable device attached
3. Since i have another fully functioning one decided to swap the drives to see if that installation with correct drivers will resolve it, it didn't.
I would gladly accept any help regarding this problem. If anyone asks, the specs are:
Intel Celeron M 410, ATI XPRESS 200M GPU and ATI IXP 450 Southbridge. The rest shouldn't be necessary but if someone needs it i would write it.

distefanom

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
I have the very same MOBO and the very same problem. The PC is fully functioning in all the aspects, less the USB ports.
I tried to repair, but I've been unsuccessful; so I think is the chip inside that is faulty.
Unfortunately this pc comes with only TWO USB ports, and having them out, means that you cannot utilize it for any useful purpose apart web surfing.
I wonder if someone else found a solution, since installing a new bios seems to me a very useless & risky option, if something goes wrong when reprogramming...
And if all worked well since yesterday, why on earth, changing the bios will get it again ?
What's the relationship btw them???
I thought also to buy a new board, and the prices are affordable, but I cannot find a Toshiba L30-134 board. There are a lot of L30-010 and even if they seems similar I'm afraid I will carry another problem at home buying them.
Can anybody help???

Status
Not open for further replies.