Question Toshiba Satellite L350 Ram Upgrade issue

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to upgrade this aging laptop and it has two ram slots which had 2x 1gb DDR2 Sodimm 667mhz and I bought 2x 2gb DDR2 Sodimm 800mhz ram equalling the 4gb and faster clock speed.

The problem is that it is stuck on a boot loop with the following combinations...

Combo 1
Slot 1: 2gb
Slot 2: 2gb
Swap them round it's the same

Combo 2
Slot 1: 2gb
Slot 2: 1gb

Though it works with these combinations...

Combo 3
Slot 1: 1gb
Slot 2: 2gb

And the original 1gb + 1gb

Really strange how it would accept 3gb but only when 1gb goes in first.

Also the 4gb is detected by the bios but won't boot windows 10, not even a fresh clean install, it just crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Even if you did get the laptop to cooperate with 4GB of ram, in 2022(soon to be 2023) you're not going to get much mileage from 4GB's of ram. People have a hard time with 8GB of ram. I think you should retire the platform.

You could try and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Can you please pass on images of all the sticks of ram you have to work with?

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Even if you did get the laptop to cooperate with 4GB of ram, in 2022(soon to be 2023) you're not going to get much mileage from 4GB's of ram. People have a hard time with 8GB of ram. I think you should retire the platform.

You could try and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Can you please pass on images of all the sticks of ram you have to work with?

Hi thanks for replying,

I've typed the laptop name on Google and there's no official website for the laptop probably because its so old. There's no website for support either.

I've also tried CPU-Z for info on the bios and it says the name is INSYDE version 1.30 (19/03/2008)

There's very limited info online regarding this version of Bios.

I can't upload pictures but the RAM info is...

Samsung M470T2953EZ3-CE6 0819

Crucial CT2G2S800M M16FM

Thanks,
Tom