TOSHIBA SATELLITE L450D-11X doesn´t turn on. Fan spins for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
PROBLEM: No video. No beeps (even removing RAM, no RAM problem beep). When you turn it on: fan turns on for a second then turns-off and all is silent, caps-lock light doesn’t turn on. Doesn't work with battery alone. Three lights turn on in the front-left panel DC-IN: green, POWER ON: green, MAIN-BATTERY CHARGING: amber), then if you press the power button for a few seconds, the Power-On light turns off. No video when connecting an external monitor cable, even after pressing the F5 key, which seems to be intended for external monitor. USB closest to screen (CD-Drive side) is missing (you can see the hole but not the inner tab).

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

Well, at the bottom I can see a couple of flat metal pins flattened out against the bottom (I guess they're in their natural position). I moved these up with a pliers just in case they were shorting or something, but nothing changed.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

Yes, without battery behaves the same. Pins in the missing USB connector are bent (I bent them now).
Do you know if the USB port can be fixed or replaced somehow?
C9Skv4k.jpg

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

I've just moved that pin and the others, try for them not to contact ground or touch one another. No change. Maybe I'll remove the motherboard and try a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS