Toshiba Satellite L50D-B-132

AndieH

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
I'm still learning how to use my computer, and i have a question for you guys; How do I eject the disk driver? This computer does not have a little botten at the side.

Please help fast!

Solution

AndieH

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
The only shows my C: drive, nothing else, but when I bought it, the info told that there was a disk driver. It's even etched in on the left side of my computer..

What info are your referring to? If it was an online product description, maybe you can paste the link into a post so I can see it. You could also post a pic of the drive bay cover and the bottom of the case.

I'd take another look at the info. If it says "driver disk" or "disk driver", neither of those actually refer to an actual optical disk drive (or CD/DVD drive). If there's no eject button and an optical drive is not showing in Windows, I think it's likely that what you're looking at is an optical drive bay cover -there may not be an optical drive installed.

AndieH

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
I don't think the info will be much help, because it's in Norwegian. But I don't understand the fact about the driver bay... What is it for? And I didn't find a photo of it from the side with the disk driver/driver bay, but if you'ld like to check it out, the full name is Toshiba Satellite L50D-B-132.

There are lots of different model configurations that manufacturers will use the same case for. If your particular configuration didn't include a dvd drive, they would just put a drive blank in to fill the space.

All of the configurations that I found included a dvd drive, but they do different things for different national markets. I'll do some more checking, but one way you could positively verify it is by pulling the bay cover. There should be three or four small screws on the bottom of the case securing it in place - you could pull it out and see what, if anything is in it.

Solution