Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5093 Blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent01

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5093 that isn't turning on.

It was working fine until a week ago when the fan was overheating and it turned off by itself, and wasn't turning on again.

I went through a video tutorial on how to clean the fan, and I did so and it worked for a week.

However on Monday morning, when I tried to get my project that I left on that laptop, it didn't turn on.

I tried the fix where you take out the battery, take out the charger, hold the power button, plug the power button back in trick and it worked until it went into Sleep mode and didn't turn on again.

Any help on how to make it turn on again would be helpful and appreciated.

Sounds to me like the motherboard or another vital component may be fried. If there is vital info on the HDD that you need, I suggest yanking the hard drive and buying a USB hard drive enclosure. From there you can cherry pick what you need off of it.

MainframeTech

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
I'm not sure if anyone has posted a solution for this, but it sounds like it needs GPU Reflow. This can be done by using a heat gun over your GPU until it has basically soldered back on. There is also a temporary "Towel Fix" that may get the machine running long enough for you to recover data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS