Toshiba Satellite pro not Booting cd to install win 7 after complete c:\\ format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Moeton

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
I tried to upgrade win 7 home 64bit to win 7 pro 64 bit, but there was an error, and I was asked to reformat the C:\ at windows startup repair. After doing this I tried to reinstall win 7, and get a screen that states disk is not recognised, please insert win 7 cd and restart. I do this and the same happens. The bios will not let me change boot order, and the only options I get are to cancel (Esc) or continue (Enter). Both options restart the process. The win 7 disk is original and authentic. Have tried 32 bit and 64 bit. No success. The computer refuses to begin installing windows, and remains a paper-weight.

Please help.

EDIT: I get an error message stating 0xc000000f "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

EDIT: I cannot get into recovery section to enter Command Prompt. The Bootloader loops at the error screen. Have tried using an external cdROM, different computer disks and have googled bootloader issues.

Or did you mean you could not FIND the place to change the boot order?

Can you see the hard disk drive in BIOS?

When you power on the laptop Tap on the F12 key till you see the Boot Menu.
You should have a choice to boot off the CD/DVD drive.

inge_v

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
Here is what you need to do:
1) Boot unit and press F2 to get into BIOS
2) Go to "Security" tab and disable "Safe Boot"
3) Go to "Advanced" tab, select "System Configuration" then change boot mode from "UEFI" to "CSM"
4) Press F10 to save changes and exit.

Now you can load win7 setup and use all advanced drive-options ;)

Good luck,
Inge

mvtaylor61

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
Many thanks for giving the solution. It was changing from UEFI to CSM which allowed me to install Linux Mint from a DVD. Previously the machine stopped with a dark blue screen. Love, Marcel

Smoker_1

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Rock on man... U be solved my big problem... Thanks alot sir

drussell17

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

Your suggested method is basically correct. However, depending on the BIOS version it may not show you the CSM option unless you establish an administrator password for the BIOS.

Plus you don't have a lot of time to press F2. Windows is booting before the Toshiba logo goes away.

Plus I had to switch it back to UEFI to boot from the hard drive.

Cheers
Dave Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.