Toshiba sattelite laptop wont turn back on. No lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2018
My toshiba satellite laptop suddenly turned off while I was using it and it wont turn back on. There are no lights at all even charge indicator light. I also tried doing the take battery off hold power button for 30 sec and so on. . . But still no power at all. I was using it while it was plugged in an external monitor (as i always do) when suddenly it turned off and the devices that was plugged in it turned off as well. I wanted to get some info first before I bring it to a shop and hopefully not spend too much getting it fixed. Btw the laptop model is toshiba sattelite s55t-c5325-4k

Solution
Well if you get nothing when battery removed and charger plugged in its probably defective charger / or charger cable. Might be also power jack inside laptop. Is there anyway you could test with another charger, would cost you less if that is the problem? Changing power jack also is not that hard.
Any liquid spilled ever to laptop? Check laptop for broken / misplaced pins expecially on usb : http://www.quicksolve.com.au/social-media/facebook-stories/broken-usb-ports-on-your-laptop/

fagetti

Notable
Mar 1, 2018
Well if you get nothing when battery removed and charger plugged in its probably defective charger / or charger cable. Might be also power jack inside laptop. Is there anyway you could test with another charger, would cost you less if that is the problem? Changing power jack also is not that hard.
Any liquid spilled ever to laptop? Check laptop for broken / misplaced pins expecially on usb : http://www.quicksolve.com.au/social-media/facebook-stories/broken-usb-ports-on-your-laptop/

Solution
Apr 7, 2018
Im having the same issue and changed the charger and port plug. Tested charger on other equipment it works fine. I found no burn msrks inside laptop curcuit board to indicate a blown fuse or anything like that. It just wont do anything no lights no sound no fan no nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.