Question Toshiba Tecra Z40 charging issue

Jul 28, 2023
Hi guys, today i experienced an issue with my Toshiba Tecra Z40-A-11V.
It was plugged to DC (and battery connected), and suddenly laptop turned off...
I rebooted it and now it seems not charging anymore the battery (fixed 1% on charging, not increasing) and it works only on DC.
The strange thing is the permanently off "DC IN-Battery" led (either connected to DC)...
I tried unplugging the internal battery from motherboard, and nothing changed, Power led is always off...
Laptop seems working fine on DC, but what went wrong?
Battery worked fine until yesterday (3 hours and more)...

Thanks guys for attention!

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Batteries die, period, some degrade over time, charging only to 75%, 50%, 25% max., then dead. Yours did not.
If you had a spare, you could double check you have no laptop damage as to the battery system.

Aug 15, 2023
Hi guys, today i experienced an issue with my Toshiba Tecra Z40-A-11V.
It was plugged to DC (and battery connected), and suddenly laptop turned off...
I rebooted it and now it seems not charging anymore the battery (fixed 1% on charging, not increasing) and it works only on DC.
The strange thing is the permanently off "DC IN-Battery" led (either connected to DC)...
I tried unplugging the internal battery from motherboard, and nothing changed, Power led is always off...
Laptop seems working fine on DC, but what went wrong?
Battery worked fine until yesterday (3 hours and more)...

Thanks guys for attention!
Hi, first you can take out battery, also if u have acces , you can disconnect bios battery, unplug from power , press power buton for 15 sec to drain out all the curent from motherboard , after that plug in bios battery, if u have a multimeter you can measure to be ok , 3.3 v no less then 2v , plugin battery, and the plug in charger and see if it charge or not , if not you can also measure charger to be ok , and if you still have the problem ,then you can go with laptop in a service and a tehnician will check the charger circuit to see if is ok or not.

Aug 15, 2023
Hi, first you can take out battery, also if u have acces , you can disconnect bios battery, unplug from power , press power buton for 15 sec to drain out all the curent from motherboard , after that plug in bios battery, if u have a multimeter you can measure to be ok , 3.3 v no less then 2v , plugin battery, and the plug in charger and see if it charge or not , if not you can also measure charger to be ok , and if you still have the problem ,then you can go with laptop in a service and a tehnician will check the charger circuit to see if is ok or not.
If all ok with charging circuit , the battery could drain out completely and could be in protection mode and need to be charged manually, a tehnician could to this in a service .