Toshiba windows 7 boot disk download

alexcelestee

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I have a toshiba laptop that I got in June 2012 for graduation, and I tried cleaning my hard disc about 2 nights ago, and when it was done, and it restarted a screen popped up saying
"Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.7(11/02/10)

Check Cable Connection!
PXE-M0f: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No Bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

And I don't have a boot disk! Help!

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Its ok what you have there is what we call a PXE boot rom.
It is used for a system that does not contain a HD and loads the OS from the network via a Server. What you need to do is go into the bios of the computer, keep pressing the F1,F2, or the del as soon as you power the laptop or tower on.
In the bios you will see the option to turn PXE off. you then want to go to the boot option of the bios. in there will be a list off boot-able devices. set your Dvd drive to no 1. and the hard disk drive to no 2. I hope you have a disk to re install the Os as you may of deleted it. Because in the boot order it tries to find a bootable device, so if the network was last in the list its likely you wiped out windows OS.

alexcelestee

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I have a recovery CD and a image CD that my friend made for me since she has the same computer. I tried those, but one of them is saying that I need to set recovery media or something. And I have no idea what that means. But when I cleaned the hard disc, I was just going to set to factory settings because I've done it before. But I saw you could clean the hard drive, so I did that instead because my computer was running slow. But what I did was I held 0 down from start up, and did it through that. Ever since it was finished, it's been like this, and I can't access anything in my computer.

Hi

you have not said what you mean by cleaning the hard disk.
ranges from Format C: to DBAN to Eraser (last 2 can destroy all data beyond any hope of recovery)
CCleaner cleans things up fairly safely.

On modern Toshiba's I have used there was a C: & D: of equal size and recovery files were on folder on D:
If you have built media you would get either 1 or 2 DVD's. Often one was supplied with Toshiba laptops
Win 7 32bit version on DVD while 64 bit version was installed on hard disk.

If you have recovery media from exactly same model Toshiba it will work.
You have to find the exact key to start process for your model (look at Toshiba's support web site)
Often F8 or F12 at power on.
You may need to go into BIOS to enable the recovery process as it can be disabled in the BIOS on some models
again user guide from Toshiba web site will give details

regards

Mike Barnes

TRENDING THREADS