Question Toshiba X300 4TB not showing, It really has vanished.

Jul 18, 2019
Good morning,

I wonder if you could help me please?

Around 4 months ago I upgraded some things on my pc and a problem that I didnt deal with then is still an issue today and I have No idea how to sort it so I thought id come on here and ask please.

I bought a Samsung pro 970 1tb with X4 Toshiba X300 4TB drives, The M.2 samsung went in a treat and the fan heatsink works great with it, In fact Three of the Toshiba X300 drives are working equally fantastic, But there is one of the drives which spins so it works and no matter what I do I cant find it on my PC?

I have been into the device manager and tried there but couldnt get the 4th drive visible for some reason...

I have tried to make some form of contact with Toshiba UK and they should be ashamed of themselves! I could only find support for new customers wanting to buy laptops and new hardware or business customers, In fact when I did manage to find the hardware support section I was greeted with a notice telling me that in June 2018 Toshiba UK or their hardware end of the business this side was bought out so support is basically dire...

I have also bought All new Sata cables and the mobo is only 11 months old.

I will include some screenshots of my BIOS and when I am in the bios I cant see the 4th drive?

My PC spec as follows:

i7 8700K
32gb RGB 3200Mhz
RTX 2060OC
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 board

Sorry about the dust on the monitor, its only a week old :-0

Many thanks.

Some pics:

View: https://imgur.com/iVAhOSP

View: https://imgur.com/mTWlLv0

DSzymborski

Titan
When you built your PC, did you closely pay attention to conflicting ports as outlined in the manual?

• The M2M_32G port cannot be used at the same time as SATA ports 4 or 5.
  • The M2A_32G sport cannot be used at the same time as SATA port 0.

So it begs the question: what M.2 port are you using for your Samsung drive and which four ports are you using for your Toshiba drives?

Reactions: intenseM9r
Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I did read some of the manual but having a family and a demanding job I had to build it over a time frame and in sections, I know the M2M_32G and M2A_32G operate at 4x with NVMe drives so I have tried it in both of them, I had to move it due to a hardware change but its still in one of them.
I had the impression the bottom slot was the only one with PCIe 4x speed?

Thanks.

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks for the reply, I did read some of the manual but having a family and a demanding job I had to build it over a time frame and in sections, I know the M2M_32G and M2A_32G operate at 4x with NVMe drives so I have tried it in both of them, I had to move it due to a hardware change but its still in one of them.
I had the impression the bottom slot was the only one with PCIe 4x speed?

Thanks.

The obvious solution would be to check your hard drive ports and which one is in which SATA port. And in any case, it wouldn't matter, the interface on your M.2 card is PCI-Express x4 anyway.

Reactions: intenseM9r
Jul 18, 2019
Spot on! Thanks so much your help and suggestions got it sorted, It was what you stated with the M.2 ports, I cant thank you enough, Have a lovely weekend...

Many thanks..

TRENDING THREADS