TOT- I Can't Sleep (Or, Who Still Plays T1?)

user

Splendid

Just thought I'd announce that. Guess I'll go play solitaire........
I haven't even had a chance to try and load any version of
Tribes on this new toy yet. I'm sailing along pretty well on
Good Neighbor Allen's DSL, so I should have few lag troubles.
I even actually grinned just now as I thought about my
prowess with the "lowly" Blaster. That would be *so*
delicious to heft one of those babies up with no lag.

OH BOB I MISS PLAYING TRIBES.

Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
of T1? Should I try the simpler original first, to get some
mad skillz back? I totally dread attempting to install the
full, wholly updated, new & improved T2.

Say, what if I copy the files and folders from my desktop
to a CD? A little appropriate placement should fix me right up.
Hmmmmmm...................................

I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?

Feh.

--

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:50:51 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Just thought I'd announce that. Guess I'll go play solitaire........
> I haven't even had a chance to try and load any version of
> Tribes on this new toy yet. I'm sailing along pretty well on
> Good Neighbor Allen's DSL, so I should have few lag troubles.
> I even actually grinned just now as I thought about my
> prowess with the "lowly" Blaster. That would be *so*
> delicious to heft one of those babies up with no lag.
>
> OH BOB I MISS PLAYING TRIBES.
>
> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
> of T1? Should I try the simpler original first, to get some
> mad skillz back? I totally dread attempting to install the
> full, wholly updated, new & improved T2.

T1? Er... I've had a spin or four on a couple of T1 pub servers recently,
and am having to relearn skills again. The annoying thing is, jump-jetting
has now become an artform... simply because the PC squeaker beeps if I
don't time the keypresses right. Ah, the joys of winex. :/

> Say, what if I copy the files and folders from my desktop
> to a CD? A little appropriate placement should fix me right up.
> Hmmmmmm...................................
>
> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?

Put the toy down and get a PC. ;)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

user

Splendid

Mr K wrote:
> T1? Er... I've had a spin or four on a couple of T1 pub servers
> recently, and am having to relearn skills again. The annoying thing
> is, jump-jetting has now become an artform... simply because the PC
> squeaker beeps if I don't time the keypresses right. Ah, the joys of
> winex. :/

I'm very accurate, but a bit slow at jump-jetting. I can land where
I want, but never can land a shot firing from middair. Argh.
Wait- that's not entirely true- I think it was a timely middair
disc that slayed the Mighty IcyHot one day! Egad, that seems to
be eons ago.

> Put the toy down and get a PC. ;)

I HAVE a PC, you silly arse! And you know it full well. ;)

A rather skookum unit, if I do say so meself. Hmpfh! But
it does lack a purple case, still...........................

--
>^,,^< Miracle

user

Splendid

Dear Bob I wrote a book! Sorry.

Um, not really.

:D

I wrote, a short while ago,

> How odd, I have thought that there were quite a few blacks who
> called London (or other parts of England) their home. Perhaps the news
blah blah blah................................................

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:11:14 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
> <wesley Snip>
> Enjoy Tunisia. Don't forget to show photos when you get back. :)

I will bring the SLR

Now lets talk about cameras for a good 40 posts.

user

Splendid

Adrian Ng wrote:
> "Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:11:14 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
>> <wesley Snip>
>> Enjoy Tunisia. Don't forget to show photos when you get back. :)
>>

> I will bring the SLR
>
> Now lets talk about cameras for a good 40 posts.

Okay, SLRs or digital? I have both. :)

--

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:11:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:

> I will bring the SLR

Laugh at this reminder if you want, but don't forget to load the film. I
cna never forget a customers face when I told him that his camera was
empty...

.... and he'd been to Kenya for a months holiday, taking photos with it.

> Now lets talk about cameras for a good 40 posts.

Ok, if you insist.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

>^,,^<'s last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
>were:
> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
> of T1? Should I try the simpler original first, to get some
> mad skillz back? I totally dread attempting to install the
> full, wholly updated, new & improved T2.

I still play T1

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:11:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
>
>> I will bring the SLR
>
> Laugh at this reminder if you want,

Ok if you insist.

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
> of T1?

I do, though I don't know whether or not I count.

> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?

It seems that you meant 'Where the ....'? But doesn't 'WTF' mean 'What the
.....'?

user

Splendid

Cool Guy wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
>> of T1?
>
> I do, though I don't know whether or not I count.

Well hell YES you count! A warm body is a warm target, eh?

Why do suppose you don't count? Are you Corky?

>> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
>> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
>> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?
>
> It seems that you meant 'Where the ....'? But doesn't 'WTF' mean
> 'What the ....'?

Normally, yes, but I take many liberties in Usenet. It was I, afterall,
who coined our now much used "TOT" to denote "Totally Off Topic".

I never could decide if "OT" meant On or Off topic, so I created
an acronym *I* understood.
Wait'll I get nearer 60 years old- I'm going to be a holy f00king
terror, I'll wager.................

--
>^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

Cool Guy's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
>> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
>> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
>> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?
> It seems that you meant 'Where the ....'? But doesn't 'WTF' mean 'What the
> ....'?

It usually means what, but can vary depending on context (cant remember
where I read that).

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:07:08 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Okay, SLRs or digital? I have both. :)

Digital or bellows? I have both. ;)

--

Mr K wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:07:08 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> Okay, SLRs or digital? I have both. :)
>
> Digital or bellows? I have both. ;)

<yet another tell-tale gasp> Bellows!!!!

These beauties aren't just practical tools, they're
works of art to me. I've never had the opportunity
to acquire one, but perhaps one day.......

--

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:05:45 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> I'm very accurate, but a bit slow at jump-jetting. I can land where
> I want, but never can land a shot firing from middair. Argh.

In T2, I got quite average with the disclauncher (once I'd got my DSL). In
T1, it's a different beast entirely, but I'm beginning to rediscover my
old T1 habits... such as lurking in the CC, wombling around a base with
the plasmagun/repair pack ready, etc.

> Wait- that's not entirely true- I think it was a timely middair
> disc that slayed the Mighty IcyHot one day! Egad, that seems to
> be eons ago.

I used to think I'd got the disclauncher in T2 figured... then I joined a
server that old SL83 was on.

I've just about recovered from the experience, but the memories still
haunt me.

> I HAVE a PC, you silly arse! And you know it full well. ;)

"You silly arse"? Methinks you've been watching "Ray Alan and Lord
Charles" once too often.

> A rather skookum unit, if I do say so meself. Hmpfh! But
> it does lack a purple case, still...........................

Mine lacks sides. :)

--

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Wait'll I get nearer 60 years old- I'm going to be a holy f00king
> terror, I'll wager.................
>
> --
>>^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

omg f00king is the best word ever!

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:52:30 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> <yet another tell-tale gasp> Bellows!!!!
>
> These beauties aren't just practical tools, they're
> works of art to me.

Some are even useable... still. :)

> I've never had the opportunity to acquire one, but perhaps one
> day.......

It's almost a year since I started collecting such cameras, and have
acquired 19 to date. Antique fairs are as good a place as any to start. :)

--

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Are you Corky?

The guy with the nice shot? Nah.

user

Splendid

Mr K wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:05:45 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>> I HAVE a PC, you silly arse! And you know it full well. ;)
>
> "You silly arse"? Methinks you've been watching "Ray Alan and Lord
> Charles" once too often.

Not at all- if I'm not mistaken, it's a newfound love of the word
"arse" from a quip you made, something about you "couldn't be
arsed to do......" something or other. :D

>> A rather skookum unit, if I do say so meself. Hmpfh! But
>> it does lack a purple case, still...........................
>
> Mine lacks sides. :)

Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
it concerns expensive video cards.

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

user

Splendid

Adrian Ng wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Wait'll I get nearer 60 years old- I'm going to be a holy f00king
>> terror, I'll wager.................
>>
>> --
>>> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
>>

> omg f00king is the best word ever!

Well there ya go, another "Miracle-ism". Spread it around
and use it freely!

--
>^,,^< Miracle

user

Splendid

I tapped out, earlier:

> Frank, there is no key on this labeled as such. Yes, I notice the
> subcharacters and such in blue, and I even see what appears to be
> a numpad labeled thusly on the right side of the keyboard.
> But no "PrtSc".

Okay, okay, just remember that one day you'll all ask something
*just* as foolish!

I swear to Pete that wasn't there under "insert" on that key until
just now!

--

>I tapped out, earlier:
>
>> Frank, there is no key on this labeled as such. Yes, I notice the
>> subcharacters and such in blue, and I even see what appears to be
>> a numpad labeled thusly on the right side of the keyboard.
>> But no "PrtSc".
>

> Okay, okay, just remember that one day you'll all ask something
> *just* as foolish!
>
> I swear to Pete that wasn't there under "insert" on that key until
> just now!
>
> --
>> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel, with a red face

its the MAN trying to screw with you.

user

Splendid

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Do you see a SysRq?

I shall assume you've read my admission. ;)

And yes, SysRq is under the delete key, upper
right corner. :D

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:41:22 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Not at all- if I'm not mistaken, it's a newfound love of the word
> "arse" from a quip you made, something about you "couldn't be
> arsed to do......" something or other. :D

Ah right.

> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
> it concerns expensive video cards.

Nah, the sides are off my PC case simply because I couldn't be ars... ah,
I see what you mean. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

>^,,^< wrote:

> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
> it concerns expensive video cards.

I gots me an Aerocool Videomagic VM-101 on my Radeon 9800pro (plenty
'spensive for my liking)

It's a passive heatpipe/heatsink arrangement, it looks fairly cool, it
is (of course) perfectly silent, and it's cooler than Bruce Willis in
Holiday on Ice.

--
Frank