[SOLVED] Total Failure - MSI GE72-6QF

Guyusmaximus

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
I have an MSI GE726QF which had some issues with the keyboard (I`m guessing where it got too hot!) which meant I had to replace it. Having replaced the keyboard, I booted the laptop and everything was fine, all keys working etc.

The next time I went to boot, it would not turn on. When the power cord was plugged in there was the usual blue light showing so I left it on charge for the day to see if the battery had somehow had an issue. When I next looked, the blue light had gone out and now it is a complete brick - I have taken it apart, reseated all cables and connectors several times and perfromed a 30 second reset wihtout the battery in - but nothing works.

Any suggestions? I hate to be defeated!!

Solution
Well, if you've drained all power from the laptop, removed the sticks of ram and used an eraser on the gold contacts of the sticks then reseated them to still come up with an unresponsive laptop(while the laptop's connected to the wall, not the internal battery), then the laptop is indeed dead. You might want to inspect the cooling assembly and the motherboard to see if any part shows up as damaged or burnt.

Lutfij

Titan
Well, if you've drained all power from the laptop, removed the sticks of ram and used an eraser on the gold contacts of the sticks then reseated them to still come up with an unresponsive laptop(while the laptop's connected to the wall, not the internal battery), then the laptop is indeed dead. You might want to inspect the cooling assembly and the motherboard to see if any part shows up as damaged or burnt.

Solution