Question total subnet IP number

Apr 4, 2019
1/a Cisco Router with 5 WAN ports and 1 LAN port. It connects to the 5 remote sites via T1 to each site. Each site has only 1 LAN connected to its router.
2/a Cisco Router with 2 LAN ports (802.3 and 802.5). It has 7 WAN ports connecting to remote sites around the world. Each remote site has only 1 LAN connected to their router.
They don't say it class A, or B or C, how can we count total IP subnets ? please help me. it confused me

1/a Cisco Router with 5 WAN ports and 1 LAN port. It connects to the 5 remote sites via T1 to each site. Each site has only 1 LAN connected to its router.
2/a Cisco Router with 2 LAN ports (802.3 and 802.5). It has 7 WAN ports connecting to remote sites around the world. Each remote site has only 1 LAN connected to their router.
They don't say it class A, or B or C, how can we count total IP subnets ? please help me. it confused me
Try this calculator

Reactions: quangdien
The concept of Classful networks has been outdated for many many years. In addition these questions must be extremely old. 802.5 is token ring and has not been used for over 20 years.

There is no way to answer this question actually because in the real world actions would be taken to reduce the number of ip addresses used. You do not even have to put ip addresses on t1 lines with certain configurations.

But my answer since they don't disallow it is there is only 1 subnet. You run L2TPv3 and run it all as one big lan. Maybe not the most efficient thing to do but since nobody said I can't do it that way I will choose that solution.

Reactions: quangdien
Apr 4, 2019
The concept of Classful networks has been outdated for many many years. In addition these questions must be extremely old. 802.5 is token ring and has not been used for over 20 years.

There is no way to answer this question actually because in the real world actions would be taken to reduce the number of ip addresses used. You do not even have to put ip addresses on t1 lines with certain configurations.

But my answer since they don't disallow it is there is only 1 subnet. You run L2TPv3 and run it all as one big lan. Maybe not the most efficient thing to do but since nobody said I can't do it that way I will choose that solution.
that why I am confused my network teacher old as my grandpa, and most the questions look crazy, thank you to clarify