Total vs. Available physical memory

When I check my system resources I learn that available physical memory is
128 MB but physical memory is only 16 MB. That seems odd. I've checked it
with all typical programs -- IE, Office applications, etc., closed. What
should that disparity in memory totals tell me and how can I get more
available memory from what's available to me?

Thanks.

Bob

user

Splendid

That means that Windows dose a piss-poor job of managing
resource...especially memory...whether it is L2 catch on your CPU or your
RAM on your mobo. You need a third party catch manager. Windows XP is also
huge resource hog! XP is hideously slow with anything less than 256MB of
RAM and I have seen performance increases to 384MB as just a business use
computer...not to mention graphics With the price of memory now, it does not
make any sense at all to run XP with anything less than 512MB of RAM.

TRENDING THREADS