Strange! I posted this at 7.20pm on 27th August as evidenced by an email in
my in box but it does not appear in the Newsgroup postings - I'll try again:

Touch pad, if that is what it is called

How do I turn the touch pad off on my laptop using XP so that, when using a
mouse, inadvertently brushing across the pad the curser is not moved

A friend, running a Mac laptop on OSX, has no problem - as soon as the mouse
is plugged in the touch pad is deactivated

Any suggestions - I have looked every where I can think of

Francis Hookham

Hello Francis,

When using a mouse, open up the device manager (Start/Run devmgmt.msc) and under the 'Mice and
pointing devices' disable the device other than the external mouse that you plugged in.

To disable a device, right click on it and select 'Disable'.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Francis Hookham" <fh.2.net@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Strange! I posted this at 7.20pm on 27th August as evidenced by an email in
> my in box but it does not appear in the Newsgroup postings - I'll try again:
>
> Touch pad, if that is what it is called
>
> How do I turn the touch pad off on my laptop using XP so that, when using a
> mouse, inadvertently brushing across the pad the curser is not moved
>
> A friend, running a Mac laptop on OSX, has no problem - as soon as the mouse
> is plugged in the touch pad is deactivated
>
> Any suggestions - I have looked every where I can think of
>
> Francis Hookham

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:44:49 +0100, Francis Hookham
<fh.2.net@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Strange! I posted this at 7.20pm on 27th August as evidenced by an email in
>my in box but it does not appear in the Newsgroup posting

"I don't see my article in the newsgroup. It must not have gone
through. I'll post it again just in case."

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#wait

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Strange! I posted this at 7.20pm on 27th August as evidenced
> by an email in
> my in box but it does not appear in the Newsgroup postings -
> I'll try again:
>
> Touch pad, if that is what it is called
>
> How do I turn the touch pad off on my laptop using XP so that,
> when using a
> mouse, inadvertently brushing across the pad the curser is not
> moved
>
> A friend, running a Mac laptop on OSX, has no problem - as
> soon as the mouse
> is plugged in the touch pad is deactivated
>
> Any suggestions - I have looked every where I can think of
>
> Francis Hookham

http://www.windowsforumz.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=414583&highlight=

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Touch-pad-ftopict415327.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1384098