touch screen acts as mouse pointer instead of touch

jamiewwer1

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Hi, I was trying to use a tablet (ipad) as a second screen. I used Duet first and it worked finger scrolling and all. But duet gave openGL problems). So i uninstalled that and tried Xdisplay. This works but now the touch usses the mouse instead of the pointer... I reinstalled duet and the same prolemen is there, now the touch doesn't work anymore.

Problem: touch screen displaces a mouse (pulls mouse away) instead of touch interface (blue dot)

I'm missing the HID touchscreen driver 

I tried:

1. reinstall all the apps.

2. let windows update do it's thing.

3. tried troubleshooting. Got a error:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-troubleshooting-error/8bf975a3-873a-49bd-8146-036db182e612?tm=1538445766759)
4. Found ghost touch drivers: deleted them.

5. found touch settings: pen or touch are not avalible

(6. contacted develeper)

I'm close to just reinstalling windows at this point (but i don't know if it will help).

jamiewwer1

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

non of the steps work.

troubleshoot broke and i dont have the drivers visable

Colif

Win 11 Master
0x8000fff appears to be a windows update error which is odd if it appears on a hardware troubleshooter, unless it uses that to update drivers or check you have latest.

which version of win 10 you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
Current version is 1803 build 17134.286 but in a week or so the newest version of win 10 is released as a free update, I would wait and see if it fixes it before doing reset.

If you on an older version you can try downloading the media creation tool, use it to make a Winj 10 installer USB. Once its made, put it in pc, go to file explorer and run setup.exe on the USB to update PC. I suggest this long way as if windows update is broken, running the upgrade assistant won't work.

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

If you on current build, you can always try a repair install - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html - all it fixes is windows, all it removes are cumulative updates. Worth a try.

jamiewwer1

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

thank you for all the help!

i'm running 1803 17134.320.
I'll update now (insider) to see if it works.