[SOLVED] Touch Screen Compatibility ...?

imconfsdru

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
I know Intel used to have a T series intel core processor that was made to be used for touchscreen capabilities but that was back in 4000 series processors is there a particular processotr that would be more optimal then others for screen compatibility or not so much?

Solution
As VCC pointed out, the T is used to indicate a "power-optimized" processor, not anything to do with it running on a touchscreen computer...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

By "low-power", they are meaning that the power draw is significantly lower than the normal version of the chip, not that it's necessarily a low-end chip. This is generally achieved by reducing the clock rates to some extent. There's currently an 8-core, 16-thread i9-9900T for example, which is arguably a high-end processor, but one targeted at systems where power draw and/or heat output might be a concern, so the clock rates have been lowered to keep those in check.

Now, those processors might be more common in...
As VCC pointed out, the T is used to indicate a "power-optimized" processor, not anything to do with it running on a touchscreen computer...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

By "low-power", they are meaning that the power draw is significantly lower than the normal version of the chip, not that it's necessarily a low-end chip. This is generally achieved by reducing the clock rates to some extent. There's currently an 8-core, 16-thread i9-9900T for example, which is arguably a high-end processor, but one targeted at systems where power draw and/or heat output might be a concern, so the clock rates have been lowered to keep those in check.

Now, those processors might be more common in things like high-end touchscreen devices, but that would be more down to the device-maker needing to keep the heat output low, perhaps due to the compact size of the device.

Solution