Question Touch Screen Problem - Toshiba Satelite

Dec 19, 2019
Toshiba Satelite Model E45DW-C4210

O/S - Windows 10 and Ubuntu 19.04

The touchscreen and touchpad both stopped working on this machine a few days ago. I've opened it up a few time recently as I have been working on it. I found the ribbon cable was not properly secured for the touchpad so I connected it properly and the pad is working again. No such luck on the touchscreen, which I would really like to have working again.

Googling the issue give me thousands of suggestions to use a setting in Windows 10 to enable the touchscreen, but I am pretty certain it is a hardware issue and most likely a loose connection somewhere. I've re-installed both OS's and I don't think it is a driver or settings issue.

I am not finding much information about troubleshooting the touchscreen / digitizer on this machine.

Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Would love to get the touchscreen going again.

Thanks.

Dec 19, 2019
No it doesn't. When the problem started I re-installed both OS's to rule out the possibility of it being a settings issue. I'm pretty certain it's a hardware issue, most likely a loose connection is what I am leaning towards.

It previously worked in either OS.

Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for the help y'all.

I popped the bezel off and traced the lead from the digitizer to the motherboard. One of the two connectors was loose. Re-attached and everything works great in both OS's.