touched my gpu by accident, saw electrical sparks! Did I damage my card?

Jan 26, 2018
6
0
510
0
Today I was checking my mining rig(currently the motherboard is ontop of its box), then i accidentally touched one of 2 of my GPUs while it's turned on! I saw sparks going from one gpu into my finger! Wasn't sure about the other GPU but for sure I felt something too!
People have said how static electricity can damage components, however depending on what I just described, what is the chance of me doing actual damage to my GPU?
Thanks!
 

takochako

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
50
0
660
11


I don't know what the odds of damaging it are, but I would just unplug the other GPU and then run the rig with only the one you shocked. If it works and you are getting normal performance out of it, it seems fine to me. I'd also recommend buying an actual case/frame sorta thing (don't know what they're actually called, not really into building dedicated mining machines).
 

Similar threads