Question Touching PC with sweaty hands ?

Oct 6, 2021
I have sweaty hands and i touch the front vent on my desktop daily, Can the sweat from my hands seap though the foam dust protecter and into its hardware? I havent noticed much change when gaming except that my pc lags sometimes.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Do you mean to say that you use the cases fans to remove the humidity/moisture/sweat from the palms of your hands? If so, you should stop doing that and have a fan on your desk to replace the duty that the case fans do.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021
No its a habit i have of making sure the front vent isnt wet, i dont know all my specs, i have a gpu 1050ti and an i3 1050tf 20thgen and an limited edition iron case, if i touched my vent and its still working would that mean its not damaged?

Ralston18

Titan
Probably not damaged is my answer but moisture and electronics do not play well together.

Over time, even a minute "drip, drip, drip" of moisture getting into the case could start causing corrosion. Like electronics in a humid area would experience. Still would take a long time as I understand your setup and environment.

That said, I do not understand touching the vent with sweaty hands to determine if the vent not wet?

Is there a specific reason for expecting the vent to be wet? Or just that moisture from your hands is collecting there and perhaps getting in?

If you must check, then use a piece of some super absorbent cloth to touch the vent. That will protect the vent from sweat and, if moisture happens to be present, absorb that moisture. Put the cloth right there and easy to pick up and to use.

All in all you have options: breaking the vent touching habit would be a good start and hopefully that will be easy to do.

And do see a doctor anyway. If the sweaty hands problem (and it is not an uncommon problem) can be resolved or reduced then there will be less moisture about and the entire issue likely becomes moot.