Question Touchpad does not respond after wake up when laptop is running on battery ?

Tony Bullet

Commendable
Oct 4, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a recurrent problem with my Dell Vostro 7590 : if working on battery mode without a physical mouse, when my computer wakes up after having been in standby mode, the touchpad does not work any longer (i.e. no response). In such a case, my only solution is to reboot the computer.
You will understand this is very annoying: it means I cannot take my laptop for work without the physical mouse in my pocket!

I don’t seem to have a proper manufacturer driver installed: instead, I have an old Microsoft pilot:
on peripheral I2C HID
pilot : Microsoft
date : 21/06/2006
version : 10.0.19041.1
sign : Microsoft Windows
events : none
Thanks for your help.
Tony.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First, check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. You can then use your laptop's Service Tag to narrow down the drivers page after inputting it into Dell's support portal. If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest, taking note of any MEI firmware/chipset drivers installations that you're going to have to perform in between each BIOS update.

Following that, update your OS, you should ideally be on version 21H1. Following that, you should manually install all relevant drivers for your laptop, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Tony Bullet

Commendable
Oct 4, 2021
Hi Lutfij,

And thank you for your very fast answer. My system is updated very regularly, as soon as it can be, in fact:
. my BIOS version is Dell Inc. 1.11.0, date 26 July 2021
. my system is Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnal, version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

The pilot for my touchpad is:
Type de matériel Souris HID
Nombre de boutons 0
État OK
ID de périphérique Plug-and-Play HID\DELL0924&COL01\5&211F6D59&0&0000
Prise en charge de la gestion d’alimentation / power management No ---> ?????????????????
Seuil du double-clic Non disponible
Gaucher/Droitier Non disponible
Pilote C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MOUHID.SYS (10.0.19041.1, 34,50 Ko (35 328 octets), 07 december 2019 10:07)

The surprising thing is that there is no pilot issued by a manufacturer...

What should I do next?