Question Touchpad double and triple finger gestures stops working occasionally on Windows 10.

Nov 19, 2019
This is a very weird problem that I am having with my laptop. The double and triple finger touch stops working occasionally, but single finger touch keeps working. The double and triple finger touch are treated as single finger touch when they stop working. What is even more strange is that many times it stops working in one area of touchpad but at other area of the touchpad it keeps working. Sometimes it stops working for one hand but when used with other hand it works. I have tried restarting the laptop and it doesn't fix the issue. To fix it either I have to shut down the laptop or I have to disable the touchpad from the keyboard function key and then have to re-enable it. That kinda make me feel that it might be a hardware issue rather than a software issue. What you think about it?

Though it takes only few seconds to restart the touchpad with function keys and fix the problem but still I am curious to know why it is happening with me. I have searched a lot on Internet and not found even a single discussion where somebody experienced something as weird as this one. For others either their touchpad stops completely or it works perfectly. I am probably the only person in the world for whom touchpad is showing such weird behavior.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? You should check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. On the other hand, you might want to see if there is a touchpad driver available for your laptop off of the laptop's support site.

Lastly, you might want to open up Keyboardtester.com and see if you have any keys on the keyboard depressing on the keybaord. Often times that can impede your touchpad's activity.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

Nov 19, 2019
Make and model of your laptop? You should check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. On the other hand, you might want to see if there is a touchpad driver available for your laptop off of the laptop's support site.

Lastly, you might want to open up Keyboardtester.com and see if you have any keys on the keyboard depressing on the keybaord. Often times that can impede your touchpad's activity.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

It is Acer aspire 5s a515-54g. This laptop with the same model name has a slightly different configuration in the United States. But in India, this is the laptop

https://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-5s-core-i5-8th-gen-8-gb-512-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-2-graphics-a515-54g-thin-light-laptop/

Regarding touchpad driver, I have downloaded and installed the latest driver from Acer website and it didn't fix the problem. Keyboard tester is showing that everything is fine with the keyboad. I have post the bios version and update.

Edit: There seems to be no way to enter the bios. It doesn't show any instruction to enter the bios. But I have tried everything, from F2, F10, F12 and delete but nothing works. It shows Acer logo for one second and the next second I am on Windows 10 login page.

Edit: Here it is.
Screenshot-1.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS