Question Touchpad not working - not showing in device manager

Sealion987

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
My touchpad stopped working when I was using it and I kept getting the "touchpad disabled" message. I went into device manager and my touchpad "Asus precision touchpad" was greyed out. I tried reinstalling the device drivers, then disabled and deleted drivers before restarting. When it booted back up the touchpad was no longer there, not even under hidden devices. I also tried installing drivers directly from the ASUS website to no avail. I've reset the BIOS as well if that helps.

My touchpad stopped working when I was using it and I kept getting the "touchpad disabled" message. I went into device manager and my touchpad "Asus precision touchpad" was greyed out. I tried reinstalling the device drivers, then disabled and deleted drivers before restarting. When it booted back up the touchpad was no longer there, not even under hidden devices. I also tried installing drivers directly from the ASUS website to no avail. I've reset the BIOS as well if that helps.
Either the track pad has failed completely or became disconnected from internally.