Touchpad on windows 10 is not working

kuhani

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Hello guys! I searched on internet how to fix that problem but i found just for touchpad which is no more scrolling. My problem is that my touchpad is not working. I tried to fix it but i couldn't.
Any suggestion how can i turn it on or how to fix it?

Solution
Hello kuhani

Can you please elaborate the issue? For example, since when are you facing this problem, what was the last thing you did before the issue started, which laptop do you have, etc.?

Many times, the touchpad gets locked accidentally and you can unlock it by pressing the Fn key along with the touchpad unlock key which can be any of the available function keys on your keyboard depending on the vendor and model of the laptop.

The right function key would have touchpad locked and unlocked symbol on it for you to identify.

Hope this helps. :)

kuhani

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

Hello,

My laptop is Panasonic CF-52 and the problem is that i can't see the cursor and when i try to use the touchpad( as example to move cursor which doesn't exist) it doesn't work. I had windows 7 and everything was alright but yesterday i changed my windows to windows 10 because of not enough memory space( it's hard has 80 GB and windows 7 with all updates has 40GB and now i have a lot more space). Also it isn't lock because i had that problem before on windows 7 but i fixed it(couldn't write while holding the finger on touchpad).
So easily, i installed windows 10 and that caused my touchpad not to work when i touch it.
Thanks for help, if you need to know enything else tell me but right now i don't know if it's possible to tell you because i'm not home.
Sorry for writing bad some words i'm on phone at the moment. :)

kuhani

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Forgot to mention it's an synaptics touchpad. I entered on mouse settings from control panel but it showed me the mouse which i plugged(pc's mouse) in not the synaptics one... i think my touchpad drivers are not installed or something like that , i knew windows 10 installs automatic drivers. Hope these info helps you! Have a nice day:)

Hello again kuhani

What I would suggest is:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Computer Management from the context menu.

> From the left pane of the Computer Management snap-in, click to select Device Manager.

> From the right pane, expand the Mice and other pointing devices tree.

> Right-click the touchpad for your computer from the list.

> Click Uninstall and when prompted, confirm your action.

> Restart the computer and let Windows 10 install the default driver automatically.

> Check if the touchpad works this time.

> If it starts working, follow the above steps again, right-click the default touchpad, and then click Update Driver Software from the context menu and follow the on-screen instructions from there to get the latest driver.

You can also download the correct driver for your touchpad manually from here. Since drivers for Windows 10 are not ye available for your laptop, you can try installing Windows 8 driver that may still work with Windows 10. If that doesn't work, I am afraid you may have to live with the default driver offered by Windows 10 until Panasonic releases its own drivers for the latest operating system.

Hope this helps. :)

kuhani

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

I tried to uninstall the touchpad before but unfortunately i can't find it, i mean the laptop doesn't see it.. All i have at mice is
HID-compliant mouse and PS/2 Compatible Mouse(it's icon has an ! in a triangle don't know how it's called in english :D ) . I think the HID one is my current mosue and laptop can't see touchpad. Any others suggestions?

Hello again kuhani

The ! in a yellow triangle is a Warning indicator and if it is present on PS/2 Compatible, it means Windows is able to detect the device but couldn't find its driver. You can try right-clicking it and clicking Update Driver Software.

In order to get the correct hardware ID you can:

> Press Windows + R.

> Type MSINFO32 in the Run command box and hit Enter.

> From the left pane of the System Information box, expand the Components tree.

> Click to select the Problem Devices from the expanded list.

> Note down the exact device ID displayed in the right pane.

> Use that ID to search for the compatible driver.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

Stephen_109

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

Thanks for your help, i followed all the advice and then repeated with a slight difference which finally worked.
Mine was a Toughbook CF19 32-bit upgraded to Windows 10 and the touch pad stopped working.

I tried searching for the driver using the device code from MSINFO32 but found nothing.
I searched the touchpad manufacture and got their web site directly and downloaded their driver
After installing this driver and restarting it didnt work, I choose update driver and browsed to the new driver i downloaded. This didnt work

Windows seemed to prefer its own driver despite what i was asking it to do.
Once i deleted the windows driver and reset it sound the one i had installed and worked

Thanks