Question Recommendations for touchscreen laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
hi im trying to buy a touch screen laptop for my girlfriend b/day present and I don't know much which brand laptop is good.
Anyone that have experience with touchscreen laptop give me some advice which one to get thanks.

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
1. What is your budget? 1k-2k

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? mybe a thin one not so bulky

3. What screen resolution do you want? dont matter

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5. How much battery life do you need? laptop that can last a day of using

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? no gaming

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) using the laptop for work

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. no

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? couple years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dont matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. dont matter

13. What country do you live in? CA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Laptop need to be touchscreen

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
1K-2K (If you mean USD) can get you a lot, probably even more than you need. You did not specify a screen size, so I just went with any. You can probably find bigger or smaller screen configurations of the following laptop models, except for the Microsoft ones (Which are all 13 inches or smaller).
Here are a few within the price range:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop - 15t-eb100 touch (2V2T8AV_1)
Dell XPS 13 Laptop | Dell USA
Microsoft Surface - Microsoft Store (Pick whichever one suits you the most)
Amazon.com: ASUS ZenBook Duo 14 UX482 (Personally recommend this one for the 1K price)

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
I'm not sure what you mean by tech features, but a 2-in-1 means a laptop that can also be used as a tablet. In the case of the XPS and Spectre laptops, it means that the screen hinge can turn 360 degrees, making a tablet out of a laptop whenever you need it to be. Usually, this means that the 2-in-1 will be more expensive for the components than a traditional laptop in order to make them lighter and more portable.

There are also 2-in-1s like the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 that can detach from the keyboard entirely. Those are even more expensive because of the need to fit the components behind the screen instead of under the keyboard.

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
I'm not sure what you mean by tech features, but a 2-in-1 means a laptop that can also be used as a tablet. In the case of the XPS and Spectre laptops, it means that the screen hinge can turn 360 degrees, making a tablet out of a laptop whenever you need it to be. Usually, this means that the 2-in-1 will be more expensive for the components than a traditional laptop in order to make them lighter and more portable.

There are also 2-in-1s like the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 that can detach from the keyboard entirely. Those are even more expensive because of the need to fit the components behind the screen instead of under the keyboard.

mybe i'll get the dell xps, my gf doesnt like the microsoft surface pro. I got one and loved it but she dont like it

Reactions: mrmike16

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
mybe i'll get the dell xps, my gf doesnt like the microsoft surface pro. I got one and loved it but she dont like it
In that price range they are all good choices, in my opinion. As for the Surface, she might not like the form factor of the Surface Pro. She might like the Surface Laptop, but they haven't updated it yet. I do think the XPS is better with reliability and with the option of an 11th Gen Intel processor, not just the 10th.

Consider getting a lower specs configuration of the XPS than the one you posted. From what you said, she won't need something that powerful. An Intel Core i5 instead of an Intel Core i7, for example, or 16GB of RAM instead of 32GB.

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
In that price range they are all good choices, in my opinion. As for the Surface, she might not like the form factor of the Surface Pro. She might like the Surface Laptop, but they haven't updated it yet. I do think the XPS is better with reliability and with the option of an 11th Gen Intel processor, not just the 10th.

Consider getting a lower specs configuration of the XPS than the one you posted. From what you said, she won't need something that powerful. An Intel Core i5 instead of an Intel Core i7, for example, or 16GB of RAM instead of 32GB.

is this one oky?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PV3W9RS/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
This one is closer to what you were asking for - Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 Laptop | Dell USA (You can increase the LCD configuration if you want a better display).

It has an Intel Core i5 11th generation CPU, instead of the 10th generation i7- Here's a comparison between the 2: 11th Gen i5 vs 10th Gen i7 | Which is better? - Vsbytes
and 16GB of RAM instead of 8GB (Which I would recommend for most users since it is usually soldered to the motherboard and non-upgradeable). The 8GB of RAM on your link is what would get me not to buy the laptop.

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
i tried to find that spec on amazon, seems like they dont have it? if you can sent me a amzon link to that spec that would be great thanks

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
i tried to find that spec on amazon, seems like they dont have it? if you can sent me a amzon link to that spec that would be great thanks

I don't think they do. This one is not 2-in-1 and has an 11th gen i7, which I think is more than she needs- Amazon.com: Dell XPS 13 9310 Touchscreen 13.4 inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop - Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 2Yr OnSite, 6 months Dell Migrate, Windows 10 Pro - Silver : Everything Else

If I would buy an XPS, I'd buy it from Dell if they don't have it on Amazon. I've done that in the past, but if you don't want to you can just go for a different laptop model that they do have on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.