[SOLVED] Tough choice

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Hey guys im planning on upgrading my gtx 980.Do you think i should go for the rtx 2070 super or save some money for the rest of the pc and go for 2060super?

Solution
A quality 650w psu will run most any graphics card you want.
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
the catch is quality.
A cheap unit will not deliver advertised power and could be dangerous under load.

The chips in all 2070s cards all come from the same place, namely nvidia.
I would not worry much about features such as back plates, rgb, or fan arrangements.
The better binned chips will be used in factory overlocked cards and will command a price premium.
I suppose palit is as good as any. In the US, I like evga.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
The 2060S is plenty for 1080P & would pair well with the 4790. There's also the RX 5700 XT but I wouldn't recommend it until the aftermarket versions with better cooling come out.
I see.. i got a 4k tv that i sometimes play single player games on it but i suppose the 2060s wont do for 2k or 4k or rtx I mostly play on my monitor tho which is 1080p

If you will upgrade a graphics card, make it a significant jump or you may be disappointed.
I do not see a 2060 super as being a very big bump over a GTX980.

What is the rest of your specs?
Are your games cpu limited or graphics limited?

Run this test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
I checked games like overwatch and black ops 4 multiplayer on 720p and cpu can manage fine even tho its usage isnt very low.Would a psu 650 watt be alright for 2070s and i7?
The other problem is that the cheapest rtx 2070s i can afford is this palit 8gb super x which i dont know if its a good one and it doesnt have a backplate im pretty sure.So i really dont know what to choose.

A quality 650w psu will run most any graphics card you want.
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
the catch is quality.
A cheap unit will not deliver advertised power and could be dangerous under load.

The chips in all 2070s cards all come from the same place, namely nvidia.
I would not worry much about features such as back plates, rgb, or fan arrangements.
The better binned chips will be used in factory overlocked cards and will command a price premium.
I suppose palit is as good as any. In the US, I like evga.

Solution
Your psu looks to be a tier 6 unit on this list:

See if you can't find a Seasonic focus 650w psu.
They have 7/10 year warranties and are of excellent quality.
Pay more for one if you have to.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Your psu looks to be a tier 6 unit on this list:

See if you can't find a Seasonic focus 650w psu.
They have 7/10 year warranties and are of excellent quality.
Pay more for one if you have to.
I found a seasonic focus plus 750 gold for 100€ about 5 more euros thanthe 650 one. There are also some corsair ones 650 watt like corsair txm 650watt at 75€ and the corsair rmx which is more expensive at 100€

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Thnx for the help guys i will either get the palit one or wait a bit more until more are released cause they is a limitee amount of rtx 2070 s right now in my country in a few shops so maybe its best to hold off a bit more

TRENDING THREADS