Tough Decisions, Reliable AC Router?

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Hello.

I am looking for a dualband AC router with 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. I would like one with the a/b/g standard as I have "legacy" devices that only use that standard. Budget will be ~$200. Going slightly over is no issue.

My current router is a Cisco E2500. Had it for about 4 years now and has served me amazingly. Recently my internet connections have been dropping but I haven't disconnected from my router. Unable to properly troubleshoot between the modem or router I was at a lost. Just the other day my phone has lost connection to router. My 5ghz band had disappeared. I've decided that the router is the culprit and I am looking for a replacement.

I know little to nothing about wireless routers aside from the various standards. What I am looking for is an AC router with both 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands. Use case will be to serve 2 gaming computers, one on LAN the other wifi. At least 2 phones on the AC 5ghz band and several devices utilizing the 2.4ghz band as they lack the 5ghz support. Total connected devices at once over wifi are around 7. Traffic will most likely be 2 gaming computers running games, one computer running a teamspeak server plus whatever other game servers required at the time, plus 2 maybe 3 video streams at once from either netflix or youtube.

I've done some quick looking around and the popular routers seem to the Netgear Nighthawk X4 or the AC2300/AC2350. The Asus RT-AC68U. And the TP Link Archer AC2600. I know there are more but I'm looking for feedback and opinions on the current routers I have selected. If you have recommendations for other routers I'll consider them fully as well.

If you need anymore info let me know. This post was written in a bit of haste and may have left some things out.

Solution
Consider the Billion brand too mate, I never could find a reliable router until I bought a Billion, one of the best & most reliable pieces of networking equipment I have ever owned. Prior to buying that I wasted god knows how much money on Netgear & D-Link rubbish.
Consider the Billion brand too mate, I never could find a reliable router until I bought a Billion, one of the best & most reliable pieces of networking equipment I have ever owned. Prior to buying that I wasted god knows how much money on Netgear & D-Link rubbish.

Solution