Question Tough one - Dell Optiplex 3010 CPU fan pinout

Feb 12, 2019
Folks,

I've searched with no success. Looking for the CPU fan pinout for an Optiplex 3010. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Feb 12, 2019
The Dell fan that came off is part# 07VJ1G.
4-pin connector with blue, yellow, red, black wires.
Just like the photo below, it just doesn't show the connector.

7VJ1Gz1.JPG

Feb 12, 2019
Be patient with me now clutchc. I think the colors have me confused between what you showed me and the picture I posted, which is the original fan wire colors. How about this and you tell me if I'm right or wrong using the picture I posted.

Black= Ground
Red= +12V
Yellow= Tach
Blue= PWM

What I am doing is replacing the stock cpu cooler with an Arctic Freezer 13 CO. Their four wires→ https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=freezer13co&doc=faq&lang=en
are what I'm trying to sort out to the correct Dell header.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Be patient with me now clutchc. I think the colors have me confused between what you showed me and the picture I posted, which is the original fan wire colors. How about this and you tell me if I'm right or wrong using the picture I posted.

Black= Ground
Red= +12V
Yellow= Tach
Blue= PWM

What I am doing is replacing the stock cpu cooler with an Arctic Freezer 13 CO. Their four wires→ https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=freezer13co&doc=faq&lang=en
are what I'm trying to sort out to the correct Dell header.
Yes. In fact, that is what the pictures I posted show. Notice the legend on the side indicates that some will have a yellow wire and some a white wire for the tach. The third picture in that lineup also shows the conversion to retail connectors.
Btw, you can order one of those inexpensive adapters I posted above. Then you won't have to mutilate the Arctic cooler. Just put the adapter between the fan and the header.

Feb 12, 2019
Here is the plug end. According to your picture, I should use the Dell converted to standard pinout which is reverse of a standard pinout, correct?

Pin 1- Blue
Pin 2- Yellow
Pin 3- Red
Pin 4- Black

9Etus5Y.jpg

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If your plan is to remove the standard connector from the Arctic cooler's cable and replace it with the Dell connector, They are not exactly reversed.
The Arctic cable's RED goes on pin 2 of the Dell connector
The Arctic cable's BLACK goes on pin 3 of the Dell connector
The Arctic cable's YELLOW goes on Pin 1 of the Dell connector
The Arctic cable's Blue goes on Pin 4 of the Dell connector
Pin 5 on the Dell connector remains empty.

When finished, the Dell connector on the Arctic cable should look like the left picture in the photo I sent.