[SOLVED] Tp-Link 881WD slowing down ridiculously to ridiculously low speeds

Feb 3, 2019
About a month ago, I built this PC. I only did some overclocking (I loaded the XMP profile for the RAM and overclocked the graphics to 1200Mhz. I did that OC'ing maybe 2 days after building it.

I loaded Windows 10 and installed the drivers, and the wifi was working fine. I then realised I used an old boot image, so I updated Windows (to 1803). That was ~3 hours after I first booted it, before which the wifi was working fine.

As soon as the update finished, the wifi wouldn't connect. I tried re-installing the drivers to no avail, and when googling it, the only thing I found that worked was typing 'ipconfig/flushdns' into command prompt a bunch of times.

A few hours after overclocking, my wifi (which was previously ~110mbps) dropped to around 0.03mbps. I tried the command prompt thing again, which didn't work, however roughly 30 minutes later, it was back to normal, without me doing anything.

This has been happening for a month, where every few hours my wifi pretty much dies. No other devices on the network do this, and it's been really annoying lately.

Any ideas?

Solution
Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer.

You may find some error codes, warnings, or even information events that correspond to the loss of and return of wireless performance.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe network activity on your PC. You may be able to identify some network related bottleneck - perhaps some buggy app or process.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer.

You may find some error codes, warnings, or even information events that correspond to the loss of and return of wireless performance.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe network activity on your PC. You may be able to identify some network related bottleneck - perhaps some buggy app or process.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS