TP-Link Archer c50 V3 (EU Version) 5 GHz problem

anik027

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
Hello guys. I just bought that router few days ago. After configuring i found out that 5 ghz is not showing in my phones. I had a firmware upgrade but did not worked. Then i contact my mobiles customer care and they told me they supports 5 ghz. Then i go to the shop from where i bought it and they checked the router and told me it's connecting with laptops and it is fine. Then after getting back home i connect my mobiles via wi-fi tethering and installed a app named wi-fi analyzer and it showed me they are using 157 or 161 5 ghz channel. Now in router i only have 4 channels (36, 40, 44, 48). So i think that is the problem. Is there any solution for that? I posted a thread in 'Tp-Link' forum and they didn't approved it yet even after more than 30 hours and also sent a mail via support option but no response yet.

RealBeast

Titan
Well, first you got a lot of information with your post at our sister site, Anandtech, so I won't repeat all of that.

If you want to use those channels (157 or 161) you will need to change the default 5GHz mode to AC only as the auto setting supports legacy A wireless that cannot use the higher channels and thus they are not available.

If you change it to AC only, you should see all the available AC channels including 157 and 161.

If this solves your problem, please post this solution over at Anandtech and tell them where you found the answer. :lol:

anik027

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

There is no AC only option. :( And its working perfectly with laptops.

RealBeast

Titan
Well if it only has that legacy option and there are no firmware updates to correct that, then you will not be able to use the higher channels since they are not legacy compliant. :(

Seems odd that they would give you what looks like a choice when there is only one setting.

anik027

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

Yeah. Just got a reply from ''tp link'' and they told me that it supports only band 1 [Band A UNII-1 Lower (Channels 36 – 48)]. I should have bought the MI router 3. But that doesn't have any warranty in my country. :hum:

TRENDING THREADS