[SOLVED] TP-Link Archer T6E Not Recognized by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3tac0m

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I have been using an ethernet bridge forever, but since moving to college and the bridge not working on the wifi here, I decided to get a wifi card. The only problem: my PC can't recognize it.

I've tried putting it in each PCIe slot, but my PC still won't recognize it. It's currently sitting in a PCIe x16 slot, but nothing new is happening. When I open my device manager, I can see 1 unknown device in PCIe slot 1, but I'm pretty sure that's the USB 3.0 expander (see specs), which is in the first PCIe x1 slot.

Can anyone help me with this dilemma? Should I rma the card?

Specs (if needed):
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
Mobo: Tomahawk B450
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB + 2 Light enhancing sticks
GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB
PSU: EVGA 750 G3
SSD/SSHD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Seagate SSHD 2 TB, Corsair MP300 NVMe 60GB
Chassis: NZXT H500 Black
Extra: USB 3.0 expander PCIe card

m3tac0m

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I didn't see anything about drivers in your post. What happens when you try to install the latest driver from tp link?
I tried to install the driver twice, but nothing changed. Just now, when I tried to update the drivers on the unknown device, the name of it popped up, but no drivers could install because, well, I don't have any internet.

I'm trying to get the update driver window to recognize the driver I downloaded, but no luck so far

Trying a good old reboot and seeing where that gets me.

Last edited:

m3tac0m

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I tried to install the driver twice, but nothing changed. Just now, when I tried to update the drivers on the unknown device, the name of it popped up, but no drivers could install because, well, I don't have any internet.

I'm trying to get the update driver window to recognize the driver I downloaded, but no luck so far
update: I uninstalled the driver and tried to install it again. An error message came up with "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" when I try to install the drivers I downloaded from TP-Link's website

m3tac0m

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, I would try to return it for something else. The latest driver is dated around the time Windows 10 first hit the market in 2015. I would be quite surprised if NONE of the updates since then required some type of driver update.
I'm planning on trying an ASUS card or something else. Thanks for the help

I got a Netgear A6100, but it didn't work. I'm probably going to offload all my files and do a clean install of windows because I have a bunch of junk files that could be messing everything up
Gotta be something like that. You can troubleshoot, but if you have a lot of "junk" files, as you call them, and don't mind doing a little backup, a fresh install may be the most efficient solution here, and could help in other areas as well (not that I know what they are).

m3tac0m

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Gotta be something like that. You can troubleshoot, but if you have a lot of "junk" files, as you call them, and don't mind doing a little backup, a fresh install may be the most efficient solution here, and could help in other areas as well (not that I know what they are).
I just have a bunch of half-installed VPNs because I had some trouble with them pairing with my old ethernet bridge. I'm just going to put all my important files on a drive, wipe the PC, and start fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.