[SOLVED] tp-link archer t6e, Wi-Fi issues....

Hello everyone, so I'm starting to think my little brothers previous internet issues maybe from a dying networking card. Previously about a months or two ago I posted for my brother about it studdering and freezing for a minute well trying to stream Netflix and Hulu things of that nature. However now he is having issues with even just connecting to the internet he turns his computer on wont be able to connect no matter what for hours.... It finds all the internet around and then tells him checking network requirements and then says could not connect to network for hours he is running off a Wi-Fi extender from are normal internet his pc wont pick up the house internet where it's at.

Asus saber tooth 990fx r2.0
Fx 8350 be liquid cooled
16gb Kingston hyperx fury 1866
60gb boot ssd
120gb steam ssd
250gb blizzard ssd
500gb back-up sad
500gb had
1tb hdd
2tb has
750w evga gold psu
Rx 560 4gb oc
And tp-link archer t6e

Last edited:
Solution
We are going outside of IT/computer issues.

Desktop alone:

0.750 KW/hour x 24 hours/day x 30 days/month = 540 KW/month

At a rate of 0.072 cents per KWh (my rate, rounded up) that amounts to approximately $39.00 US.

I cannot speak to nor address the costs related to his TV and his other electrical device usage. However for your being able to "verify" the real costs may be of some help to you with the family dynamics involved.... Will go no further with that.

Going back: I have re-read this thread and started wondering about his computer.

Especially the specs. I.e., :

60gb boot ssd
120gb steam ssd
250gb blizzard ssd
500gb back-up sad
500gb had
1tb hdd
2tb has

How are all those drives connected/configured in? Are all...

Ralston18

Titan
On your brother's computer take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with network/internet issues.

What network adapter is he using: wired, wireless, built-in, PCIe, USB? Make and model?

Ensure that only the desired network adapter is enabled.

Try running the built-in network troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

At the command prompt execute the following commands:

1) "ipconfig /flushdns"

Reference: https://geeksadvice.com/flush-dns/

2) "sfc /scannow"

Reference: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Note: some links will try to entice you to download utilities to fix the problems. Do not do that. Just read the references for explanations about what the commands do.

If the problems remain then:

3) "ipconfig /all" - run and post the results.

On your brother's computer take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with network/internet issues.

What network adapter is he using: wired, wireless, built-in, PCIe, USB? Make and model?

Ensure that only the desired network adapter is enabled.

Try running the built-in network troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

At the command prompt execute the following commands:

1) "ipconfig /flushdns"

Reference: https://geeksadvice.com/flush-dns/

2) "sfc /scannow"

Reference: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Note: some links will try to entice you to download utilities to fix the problems. Do not do that. Just read the references for explanations about what the commands do.

If the problems remain then:

3) "ipconfig /all" - run and post the results.
https://i.imgur.com/TgGRCNR.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/uDmj9E2.png

He can't Connect to any signal right now

This is his main pc right now so he's really mad about it... He is having to game another one of my old towers that's older than this one.

It's a tp-link t6e archer. It's a pcie card, that has two antennas that are replaced with higher end antennas that came with it. However even using the original antennas that I saved for like 6 years, he still finds signals around but can't connect to any.

I'm the house there is a surf router that's all I know about it not mine nothing to do with any of it..... However out in the garage I have a night hawk ac1900 repeating the house Wi-Fi it's in the empty rafters "where it was all summer and he had no issues" to his pc out in his hide away rv he has for calming down and taking breaks from mental break downs. He used it set up like this all summer no problem and nothing has changed since. So I'm at a lose the only thing I can think of is the Wi-Fi card died... However the other pc desktop he is using has a mobo that takes the same Wi-Fi card as a laptop. So I can't jist deal them around and test the pc's to see if it's the cards. But not really made of money like a few other people so don't want to buy one and find oit thats not the problem.

Ralston18

Titan
The "ipconfig /all" results that you provided indicate that neither a wired or wireless adapter is connected.

I cannot see Wireless LAN adapter #12 is indicating.

Regarding the Tp-link t6e archer: check that it is fully seated. Remove and reinstall the antenna's making sure that the antennas are fully and squarely threaded on. (Not going on crooked....)

Reading back, I noticed that it does not appear that the drivers have been reinstalled. Go to the manufacturer's website, download, install, and reconfigure the network adapter's drivers.

Failing restoration by reinstalling the drivers that may indicate that the adapter could be aging and losing its' abilities to transmit and/or receive. Antenna extensions might help. Does not appear that any extensions came with the Archer adapter. But do look - could be in a box somewhere....

And the following comment caught my attention: "However out in the garage I have a night hawk ac1900 repeating the house Wi-Fi it's in the empty rafters "where it was all summer and he had no issues" to his pc.."

Heat is an enemy of electronics. The Nighthawk repeater may be the issue. You need to try connecting his pc without any requirement for the Nighthawk or otherwise rearrange things to negate the need for the Nighthawk or to determine if it is still fully or properly functional. Move it to a cooler area, reset, reconfigure.

What must accepted is that you do need to do some swapping to determine if the connectivity problems stay with the location(s), the computer, or the wireless adapter. Or some moving things about to test and discover what is working and what is not working.

If your brother wants to game, he must be willing to allow some methodical and careful troubleshooting to discover the problem either directly or by elimination. Takes work, time, and care.

The "ipconfig /all" results that you provided indicate that neither a wired or wireless adapter is connected.

I cannot see Wireless LAN adapter #12 is indicating.

Regarding the Tp-link t6e archer: check that it is fully seated. Remove and reinstall the antenna's making sure that the antennas are fully and squarely threaded on. (Not going on crooked....)

Reading back, I noticed that it does not appear that the drivers have been reinstalled. Go to the manufacturer's website, download, install, and reconfigure the network adapter's drivers.

Failing restoration by reinstalling the drivers that may indicate that the adapter could be aging and losing its' abilities to transmit and/or receive. Antenna extensions might help. Does not appear that any extensions came with the Archer adapter. But do look - could be in a box somewhere....

And the following comment caught my attention: "However out in the garage I have a night hawk ac1900 repeating the house Wi-Fi it's in the empty rafters "where it was all summer and he had no issues" to his pc.."

Heat is an enemy of electronics. The Nighthawk repeater may be the issue. You need to try connecting his pc without any requirement for the Nighthawk or otherwise rearrange things to negate the need for the Nighthawk or to determine if it is still fully or properly functional. Move it to a cooler area, reset, reconfigure.

What must accepted is that you do need to do some swapping to determine if the connectivity problems stay with the location(s), the computer, or the wireless adapter. Or some moving things about to test and discover what is working and what is not working.

If your brother wants to game, he must be willing to allow some methodical and careful troubleshooting to discover the problem either directly or by elimination. Takes work, time, and care.
Thank you for the response.
I am woundering if it is the port as the extender is in a a very cool area, my parents garage is kept at a constant 65 degrees Fahrenheit, no hotter no cooler. My dad is very picky about how his tools are stored and work supplies. I was up there during the summer on the hotest day and it was only 71 in the rafters at the hottest point in the day. Plus it works no problems with the older tower he is using and all phones plus the tablets and everything else. As for reinstalling the tldrivers that has been done actually as of when I made this post I had fully wiped and reset the whole pc and still am having the issues.

Ralston18

Titan
It is good to know that the extender has not been exposed to high heat.

However, it remains a matter of methodical troubleshooting to discover if or if not the extender is working correctly. Check the power connections, any directly connected (wired) devices, etc..

If indeed there are no problems with the old tower or any other network devices using the extender the conclusion appears to be that either your brother's current computer or its' wireless adapter is the problem.

And if the problems continued after a wipe, reinstall, and reconfiguration then hardware becomes the all the more suspect.

Are you able to borrow (via family and friends) any other wireless adapter to try in your brother's computer? If not then pull the wireless from his computer and install that adapter in another known working computer.

Determine if the adapter works or not in another host device.

And you mentioned multiple phones and tablets: how many network devices do you have?

The reason for that question is: 1)to get a sense of how much network traffic there is, 2) to consider the possibility of an IP address conflict, 3) to get a sense of the overall network environment. E.g., maybe more devices connected than available DCHP IP addresses as configured within the router.

Who manages the router and extender? Someone needs to have administrator rights to those devices in order to take a look at the configuration settings. And possibly the router's logs if available and enabled.

It is good to know that the extender has not been exposed to high heat.

However, it remains a matter of methodical troubleshooting to discover if or if not the extender is working correctly. Check the power connections, any directly connected (wired) devices, etc..

If indeed there are no problems with the old tower or any other network devices using the extender the conclusion appears to be that either your brother's current computer or its' wireless adapter is the problem.

And if the problems continued after a wipe, reinstall, and reconfiguration then hardware becomes the all the more suspect.

Are you able to borrow (via family and friends) any other wireless adapter to try in your brother's computer? If not then pull the wireless from his computer and install that adapter in another known working computer.

Determine if the adapter works or not in another host device.

And you mentioned multiple phones and tablets: how many network devices do you have?

The reason for that question is: 1)to get a sense of how much network traffic there is, 2) to consider the possibility of an IP address conflict, 3) to get a sense of the overall network environment. E.g., maybe more devices connected than available DCHP IP addresses as configured within the router.

Who manages the router and extender? Someone needs to have administrator rights to those devices in order to take a look at the configuration settings. And possibly the router's logs if available and enabled.
That is all me I am the one who set it up and has everything set. However I didn't do any advanced modifications to it, after I plugged the extender in I used the mywifiext.net site to connect it to the house. After it connect it said that it was auto configuring wireless settings, I let it be from there tested it out it worked fine for again about 6-7ish months. But now This is happening, as for how many device are connected to this on average there is 3 phones, 1 tablet, and a laptop "or" his desktop on the Wi-Fi at once... There never in together if he gaming he uses the desktop and the laptop is off, if he is stream Netflix or Hulu something like that he is using the laptop now.... "My parents were gettimg mad at him for the $600 electric bill for the harage from him runing the 750w desktop. Literally "24/7 Plus his t.v. and everything else.

Ralston18

Titan

Desktop alone:

At a rate of 0.072 cents per KWh (my rate, rounded up) that amounts to approximately $39.00 US.

I cannot speak to nor address the costs related to his TV and his other electrical device usage. However for your being able to "verify" the real costs may be of some help to you with the family dynamics involved.... Will go no further with that.

Going back: I have re-read this thread and started wondering about his computer.

60gb boot ssd
120gb steam ssd
250gb blizzard ssd
500gb back-up sad
500gb had
1tb hdd
2tb has

How are all those drives connected/configured in? Are all using his computer's PSU?

A 60 GB boot drive is too small (240 GB is the probable minimum).

And it came to mind to ask about what wireless frequency and channels are being used?

There may be multiple problems/issues involved.

Any way at all to set him up with even just a temporary wired connection for testing?

Solution

Desktop alone:

60gb boot ssd
120gb steam ssd
250gb blizzard ssd
500gb back-up sad
500gb had
1tb hdd
2tb has

How are all those drives connected/configured in? Are all using his computer's PSU?

A 60 GB boot drive is too small (240 GB is the probable minimum).

And it came to mind to ask about what wireless frequency and channels are being used?

There may be multiple problems/issues involved.

Any way at all to set him up with even just a temporary wired connection for testing?
Sorry I have been busy with work lately. I set him up with wired via the Wi-Fi jumper for 3 days and he has had no problems, however in order to do so he had to move wjere his pc was. After three days of no problems via ethernet he unpligged it "without my knowledge" and switch back over to Wi-Fi he said he has had no problems since. Thinking back when his Wi-Fi problems started the had just put a tarp over the rv to help keep it dry. Making basically a faraday cage, due to it being a think military thermal lined tarp. So moving it where we did there nothing blocking the signal now because the tarp isn't inline with the router blocking the signal