[SOLVED] TP-Link C6 Archer to Netgear R6220

shobi4

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
Hello Everyone.

I have been using TP-Link Archer C6 for a few years now. Its developed a wierd issue of WiFi getting disconnected.
I had tried troubleshooting with Support and the Firware changes havent been helpful.
I had a spare R6220 Netgear Router.
I have now Connected TP-Link to the WAN In of the Netgear.

Setup is sweet and hasslefree, and wifi is available through Netgear.

Problem is, i have my PLEX Server wired to TP-Link unable to move the physical setup.

Due to the wierd way of the Setup. None of the Netgear Devices can reach Devices connected to TP-Link.
I was able to circumvent via PLEX's option. But my other shared files on the TP-Link have become a hassle.

Is there a way for me to make Netgear on the same network as the TP-Link? Little tight on the budget, so using what i had.

Do share your thoughts, waiting for an idea to make my life easier.!

Solution
Hello Everyone.

I have been using TP-Link Archer C6 for a few years now. Its developed a wierd issue of WiFi getting disconnected.
I had tried troubleshooting with Support and the Firware changes havent been helpful.

Problem is, i have my PLEX Server wired to TP-Link unable to move the physical setup.

Due to the wierd way of the Setup. None of the Netgear Devices can reach Devices connected to TP-Link.
I was able to circumvent via PLEX's option. But my other shared files on the TP-Link have become a hassle.

Is there a way for me to make Netgear on the same network...
Hello Everyone.

Is there a way for me to make Netgear on the same network as the TP-Link? Little tight on the budget, so using what i had.

If the second router your using has a bridge mode it will basically just use the second router as signal jumper for the tp link, which should allow for shared file transfer to go back to normal

Reactions: shobi4

kanewolf

Titan
Hello Everyone.

You want the Netgear configured as an ACCESS POINT -- https://community.netgear.com/t5/Ge...n/AC1200-R6220-as-an-Access-Point/m-p/1162490 This thread on the Netgear website describes it.
You will then have a single IP subnet and no firewall/NAT on the Netgear. Everything should be able to connect.

Reactions: shobi4
Solution