Tp link cpe 510

hsbashraf

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
I have a place away from my home where i want internet suppose its a place B and my home is place A. This place is 4km away from my home. Wired internet is not what i am looking for. I recently saw a youtube video where this person installs a tp link cpe 510 as an AP and client. I have a LAN connection at home. So kindly guide me if i install one cpe 510 at place (A) as a AP and other as client at place (B) .will this system work at distance of 4 km ..there is clear line of sight only some trees which can be avoided by placing two devices at higher places. I further wanted to know what can i install at place B which will distribute WIFi signal at place B.

Solution
You are better off searching for a website for WiFi enthusiasts; it will have designs, formula templates and details of what gear is best for various situations.
There are also a large number of videos about the devices on YT.

You will also need to explore the LEGAL situation for something of this type in your area; if it jams local emergency service channels they are going to be REALLY pissed.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
You are better off searching for a website for WiFi enthusiasts; it will have designs, formula templates and details of what gear is best for various situations.
There are also a large number of videos about the devices on YT.

You will also need to explore the LEGAL situation for something of this type in your area; if it jams local emergency service channels they are going to be REALLY pissed.

Solution

hsbashraf

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
I know all about legal formalities here .they are near to non. I am from Pakistan not much emergenecy services are availabale here. Plus i live in remote village area .i just want to know these things cpe 510 work at this range or not. Becasue they advertise range of 15km+. Tell me any good website for wifi.