[SOLVED] TP link installation ruined my network settings and now i cant connect to the WI-FI

mollythebeast

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
So i just moved recently and i cant connect with the ethernet cable like i used to do before
I bought a TP Link TLwn722N and it worked okayish but would sometimes lose connection to the router for no apparent reason. So i decided to buy a different adapter also from TP link but this time it was a PCI Express Adapter TLWN881ND so i manually downloaded the drivers on a USB stick and manually installed them but i didnt work, i can see the device in device manager with the error code of windows still setting up class configuration (Code: 56) after i tried a few things from their FAQ i did a network reset. Still didnt work. I plugged in back my old TLwn722n which is an USB network adapter and reinstalled the drivers but it does not work. When i go to network adapters on windows 10 i cant se any network adapters at all which is unusual because atleast my ethernet adapters should be there. Now both adapters dont work, and the same error is showing for them in the device manager.
I cant connect to the internet now, please help.
I am using windows 10

Solution
Did you buy version 2 of that PCIe card? Version 1 is not compatible with W10 and the Version 2 driver HERE will not work on version 1.

It will have the version number in white paint on the card usually in a corner or on the label as explained HERE.