[SOLVED] TP-Link Powerer adapters

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. Very long time since I have been here. I bought a TP-Link AV600 over 2 years ago. I stopped using these 2 devices as they were no longer needed. I have tried to use them again and they fail. The Master where it connects to my router keeps flashing.

Since then I have upgraded from a normal fiber/telephone cable system to a full fiber to the home at a speed of 1G ( although I don't actually get that speed). Do I need to buy an AV1000 or similar set of devices?

TIA

Desmond.

Solution
Try pairing them again in the same outlet then spread them out. If they dont pair when next to each other then they aree most likely defective and you need to get a new set. Speed is not really an issue with these things, they work just the same at 100mb/s or 1gb/s. Its just a question of where you bandwith bottleneck is ...

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Try pairing them again in the same outlet then spread them out. If they dont pair when next to each other then they aree most likely defective and you need to get a new set. Speed is not really an issue with these things, they work just the same at 100mb/s or 1gb/s. Its just a question of where you bandwith bottleneck is ...

Solution

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Okay but the master one in the living room. That's the one with the router plugged into it has 4 leds Power, house symbol, upside down Y and a wi-fi symbol. The bottom one flashes even though I hold the button down for 5 seconds. Should that go to a steady led as it does have a connection? Or is it flashing because it hasn't got a connection to the the receiver?

I did have a problem with one of them a year ago when some near by scaffolding got hit by lightning and killed one of them.

Also if I bought another and it was a 1g device would it be compatible with the AV600 even though it would only be working at a slower speed? At least I could salvage a good one.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Okay but the master one in the living room. That's the one with the router plugged into it has 4 leds Power, house symbol, upside down Y and a wi-fi symbol. The bottom one flashes even though I hold the button down for 5 seconds. Should that go to a steady led as it does have a connection? Or is it flashing because it hasn't got a connection to the the receiver?

I did have a problem with one of them a year ago when some near by scaffolding got hit by lightning and killed one of them.

Also if I bought another and it was a 1g device would it be compatible with the AV600 even though it would only be working at a slower speed? At least I could salvage a good one.

Can't speak about compatibility without knowing the precise model of both devices. Also without that I can't tell you what those LED's mean. But if you want to be sure it works, move them into the same outlet , one without surge protection , and try pairing them as per the instructions