TP Link Powerline adapter not working (ip isnt the same?)

UncleSam89

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
So today I got my new TP link 406E wireless power line adapter. After syncing them together I look at my computer and the Ethernet adapter says unidentified network. Here is a screen of my ip config + other screens (Wireless connection is my n15 card) http://imgur.com/a/UpgHL. All the lights on both of the adapters are plugged in and green and I'm really not sure what the problem is.

~Thanks

Edit: I have already tried forcing the ip to 192.168.1.1 (not 100% sure i did this correctly though), but after a restart the ip goes back to the 169. whatever number...

UncleSam89

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

On both ends or just the one near the modem. Also do you mean just dont use a surge protector/splitter, or leave all of the wall plugs open except for the one that it is plugged into?

Do not plug in any other device, plug, whatever into the outlet you are plugging your powerline adapter. It causes all kinds of issues here and I use 4 of them. Took me a few months to figure that out. Plug it into a wall and make sure nothing else is plugged into that outlet. If you have an old home and old wiring, you may run into more issues. This house was built within the last 15 years and it reaches every plug in it as long as there is no interference from another plug.

UncleSam89

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

Its still not working, I think its a problem with the adapter settings. What ip, subnet mask, etc should I be using?