TP-Link R470t+ DL&UP problem

Nov 17, 2018
I have configured Tp-link load balanced with three WAN
. 1- Adsl one with 6mbps dl , 500kbps up
2- Wireless with 6mbps dl , 4mbps up
3- Adsl two with 8mbps dl , 800kbps up

When I'm using internet three Wan's will be active but not with maximum performance ! for example I get 2mbps from adsl one and 3mbps from wireless and 2mbps from adsl two ! I want to make Overflow and get Priority for Wan's. I want set adsl two (wan3) for first using with full speed then adsl one (wan1) then wireless.

And other problem is while I'm using my Adsl with ethernet without load balancing and direct to my laptop I will get 8mbps download rate but after putting it in load balance I get around 4mbps approximately ! I mean I cann't get maximum bandwidth when I'm using load balancing !
when I'm using wireless I get 6mbps speed but after load balancing I get 3-4mbps... and It's for my three wan!

please assist

If I have say correct and It's Overflow config so anyone can assist me about configuring on TP-Link R470t+ Load Balancer?

Thanks

Your first test should be to setup the router as primary/backup. It should only use one connection at a time. You can then disconnect them and make sure it switches.

This is purely to make sure you can fully use each connection at full speed via the load balancer.

I really don't know what you are attempting to accomplish. The concept of load balancing does not actually work the way most people think. You can not really use multiple internet connection to improve the data rates on a single machine. You can of course run multiple machines and load balance them on different internet connections but that is many times more easily accomplished by plugging the machines into different routers.

As a example of the problem. You are playing a online game. You connect to the game server login server via ISP1. Your game now opens a connection to the game world server using ISP2. Since these come from different IP addresses the game company thinks you are hacking and disconnects your session.

How can any router possibly fix this. There are way to many games to code in special things

This is not limited to just games. When you order from a web site many times the credit card processing is done by a different company. What happens if the IP address is different for these connections. Even simple stuff like google search will be affected. You will get constant captcha garbage because google is detecting the ip change with their cookies and thinks you are a bot.

Nov 17, 2018
Bill001g ,

Thanks alot for answer.
well actually I don't want use any web bank or game... I need it just for surfing in web, live streaming,
downloading using IDM and...
so changing IP in one sec isn't any problem for me.
But I don't know why I cann't Get maximum bandwidth while I have downloading a file with 32connection !
Its really wonder for me

Nov 17, 2018
If we agree with single IP why while I start the IDM download with multiple connection , load balancer will Admeasurement connections to three wan?
I get 1-2mbps from wan1 ,, 1-2mbps from wan2 and 1-2mbps from wan 3 !

The main issue is.why load balancer Didn't get maximum bandwidth from Wan's ?
And I have a question,
how can I set Priority for Wan's ?
For ex I want set if Wan3 exceeded bandwidth to 8mbps then wan1 will cover it and then wan 2... is it possible?

If you have 3 internet connections you have 3 IP addresses and that is the cause of a lot of the problems.

You would have to download 3 different file in parrel to use all three connections. The load balancer likely is not calculating the utilization properly, this will especially be true if you are donwloading lots of small files.

Maybe a better answer is you can't do what you are trying to do. There is a reason that large enterprise companies do not buy these toys to do this. This device likely costs 1000 times what you paid.
https://www.cdw.com/product/riverbed-steelhead-interceptor-9600-load-balancing-device/3742295

Pretty much you get what you paid for. Even though they are sold to do what you are trying to do the boxes really have little ability to accomplish the task. You have to be happy you got it to partially work most people have major issues attempting this.