tp-link router detects the isp connection as static Ip

Rajeev Majumdar

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
whenever i connect the internet cable (FTTH connection no modem in the house) to my tp-link router, it detects the connection as static ip (and the numbers are all 0) though it is a dynamic , i can connect to internrt by directing connecting the cable to my PC. i heard about power cycle of modem-router-pc but here i don't have modem ,in my house, from where internet is coming so i cannot do power cycle . Help me get the IP in my wireless router so that i can configure as dynamic IP

Rajeev Majumdar

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014

yes it is a box from where 8 connections are given in the building. So what's the solution.

Rajeev Majumdar

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014

Sorry i dint mention the details earlier but it is TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router.
The cable coming to my house is CAT-5.

Rajeev Majumdar

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014

the speed for this ftth is only 15mbps so i think this router is sufficient.
But my question is wan port fried somehow? but when i connect the cable to wan port , the light (green) is coming fine for that port. Is there a way to find out whether the wan port has some problem because my friend's router is working fine with my internet connection.

Rajeev Majumdar

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014

yes, it is working fine with netgear router. But i don't know why it is not working with y router though the light is there for internet connection but router is not able to sent or recieve packets

If you have another router to play with hook it to the LAN side of that router and see if it gives you a IP address. You could also plug you PC in and get a IP. Then go into the router and copy all the ip mask dns etc from your pc. You could also clone the mac address. If it works with static settings then it is likely some strange issue with ISP DHCP server. If it does not work no matter what you do you could have a defective device.