edward147

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Hey!
I recently moved into a new apartment in Sydney and it’s using a nbn service and there’s a modem in each room, I’ve been able to connect to the wifi on my phone and my partners phone perfectly fine and even my laptop with no issues. But when I try to connect on my PC it says that it’s secured but doesn’t connect, a message pops up saying ‘can’t connect to this network’.

I’ve tried reinstalling the device, updating drivers, even tried Ethernet connection and that hasn’t work. I’m thinking that it’s a wifi problem and not my pc because I could connect to hotspot but not my wifi. I’ve gone into command centre and device manager and fiddled with that all already but nothing has worked, I was wondering if there’s anything that anyone thinks might help?
Thank you

Solution
If your laptop can connect to other Wifi networks then it might be a specific problem with this WiFi.

Do you get an IP address from the router/AP? One thing you could try if you do get an IP is use wireshark to capture the packets and take a more in depth look.

If you aren't getting an IP on your laptop but you are on the phones, could it be that all the IPs in the subnet are used perhaps? Who is the admin for this wifi, you or the apartment management? They might have a contact number.

Hot Beef

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
If your laptop can connect to other Wifi networks then it might be a specific problem with this WiFi.

Do you get an IP address from the router/AP? One thing you could try if you do get an IP is use wireshark to capture the packets and take a more in depth look.

If you aren't getting an IP on your laptop but you are on the phones, could it be that all the IPs in the subnet are used perhaps? Who is the admin for this wifi, you or the apartment management? They might have a contact number.

Solution