[SOLVED] TP-Link WDN3800 - low transfer speed

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Hey,

recently bought wifi card for my PC.

It is TP-Link WDN3800. It says it works up to 300Mb/s. My maximum internet speed is limited exactly the same: 300 MB/s.

It was recognised automatically by windows 10.

My wifi connection speed is about 15 Mb/s both upload and download.

Are there any standard measures to increse the connection speed to declared values? Where could the problem be?

Solution
Hey,

It is TP-Link WDN3800. It says it works up to 300Mb/s. My maximum internet speed is limited exactly the same: 300 MB/s.

Are there any standard measures to increse the connection speed to declared values? Where could the problem be?
The "300Mb/s" advertising rate is not going to happen. WIFI performance numbers are inflated. If you have a 300Mbit ISP package and want to use all the bandwidth on WIFI, you need an AC1200 or AC1900 adapter and WIFI router. To get 300Mbit downlink speed, you have to have a physical link to the router that is double that. The standard...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Can I ask what router you have? I myself have a TP-Link WiFi Extender and a nighhawk router and Im getting excellent speeds because the router is on the other side of the house like at least 100 feet away. I realize Windows found the device but did it come with a CD to install drivers? It obviously is not playing nice with Windows 10. Also how far is it from your router? Get back to me well get to the bottom of this.✝🎗💯👶

kanewolf

Titan
Hey,

The "300Mb/s" advertising rate is not going to happen. WIFI performance numbers are inflated. If you have a 300Mbit ISP package and want to use all the bandwidth on WIFI, you need an AC1200 or AC1900 adapter and WIFI router. To get 300Mbit downlink speed, you have to have a physical link to the router that is double that. The standard link speed would be 866Mbit on 5Ghz with 80Mhz bandwidth.
You also need to tell us how you are determining your "15Mb/s" speed. Is that with a website such as speedtest.net ?

Solution