[SOLVED] TP-Link wi-fi expansion card occasionally disconnects from computer

Apr 30, 2019
Hi! So I've got this Archer T6E wi-fi card installed in my desktop PC, and on occasion (usually when I'm playing GTA V) I will lose all internet connection and become unable to reconnect to the network.

I'm pretty sure this is a heat issue, as my Wi-Fi card is directly next to the backside of my graphics card, but I'm not sure. Is there any way to solve this? The only other open PCIe slot is on the other side of the graphics card, so I wouldn't be able to use a different slot.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
TP-Link Archer T6E
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 570 HD Superclocked edition
1 8 GB stick of RAM
A Samsung SSD for booting the OS and most of my games, as well as a WD hard disk for larger files
If you need any more information about my setup I can absolutely provide them as needed.

Solution
If nothing else has changed then open the case and check for dust, dirt, debris, etc.. insulating components (e.g. the wifi adapter) and clean the case.

Make sure all components are fully and firmly seated.

Ensure that the case and surrounding area is open to allow free flow of cooling air.

Ralston18

Titan
If nothing else has changed then open the case and check for dust, dirt, debris, etc.. insulating components (e.g. the wifi adapter) and clean the case.

Ensure that the case and surrounding area is open to allow free flow of cooling air.

Solution
Apr 30, 2019

Alright, I'll check next time I shut off my computer. I'll give it a quick dust while I'm at it, too.

TRENDING THREADS