TP Link WN822N vs TP Link 300mbps PCI Wifi card?

ankx22

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017
Which works better or both work the same? My Parents have a pc which i am installing wifi adapter in and was wondering which option is better. I would have gone for the pci card but the problem is that the pci express slot is just below the gpu and after installing it, it may block air flow to gpu. So i considered the usb option.

Solution
There should not be a huge difference. With USB you want the type you have selected where the device is away from the computer on a USB cable. This allows you to not have the computer itself blocking the signals like you do with those really those really tiny devices that almost fit inside the machine.

These type also tend to put to out the legal maximum power like most pci cards do. Again some of the small usb device sacrifice radio power for portability and battery savings.

PCI cards tend to be a better option when you want a card with more than 2 antenna. You also need the antenna extension cables so you can move the antenna out from behind the machine.

I am going to bet that one is ok. You would have to dig through the...
There should not be a huge difference. With USB you want the type you have selected where the device is away from the computer on a USB cable. This allows you to not have the computer itself blocking the signals like you do with those really those really tiny devices that almost fit inside the machine.

These type also tend to put to out the legal maximum power like most pci cards do. Again some of the small usb device sacrifice radio power for portability and battery savings.

PCI cards tend to be a better option when you want a card with more than 2 antenna. You also need the antenna extension cables so you can move the antenna out from behind the machine.

I am going to bet that one is ok. You would have to dig through the FCC database to really get output power.

Solution